Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Declined Social Tariff

pegem
2: Seeker

Despite having an excellent credit rating, (I've checked!) I have failed the Vodaphone Credit Check when applying for Social Tariff. Why? the company is a risk for all of £12 per month on a rolling 30 day contract. 

In my opinion, there should not be a credit check done on these type of contracts given that they are designed to help the less well off.

Or are Vodaphone declining customers just because it suits them!

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@pegem wrote:

Despite having an excellent credit rating, (I've checked!) I have failed the Vodaphone Credit Check

I doubt anyone here can answer your query, you will need to ask Vodafone directly.

And I doubt it has anything to do with the fact you are applying for a social tariff.

Jason

Hi @pegem. Essentials Broadband - available for all existing and new customers who are receiving specific government benefits - will require a credit check. 

You can appeal a credit check decision. To give us more information to support your application, complete our credit check appeal form

pegem

What can I say, both credit agencies that you use, give me an 'excellent' rating with a score c900! I have already appealed. You should not need a credit check for this sort of contract.