Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disable 5Ghz

MHUGRADAR86
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just received my Vodafone Hub, and activated via the App.

In Expert Mode i am unable to disable 5Ghz

I get this error

Super Wi-Fi is running your Wi-Fi settings. Please use the Super Wi-Fi tile in the Home Broadband App to manage your settings.

But on the Broadband App, i cant see a Super Wi-Fi Tile

I need to disable 5Ghz

Split SSID does not also show under the WiFi Settings

15 REPLIES 15

Personally I would prefer if they just allowed us to make the "Guest" WiFi 2.4 GHz 

I rang them up and they said they the guest to default to the 2.4 GHz band and my devices started to connect 

This doesn't show in the dashboard though and things can still connect to the other bands so I can't verify if they was it. 

BatMan312
2: Seeker

Hi, if you have a Pro plan it comes with Super Wi-Fi Boosters, which also enables an ‘Active mode’ on the router - this is intelligent band and channel steering designed to help optimise the overall WiFi performance, they previously saw a bigger issue with channels and bands being manually set. If you don’t have a Pro package the option split bands is still in the web GUI, that’s their ‘passive mode’. If your on Pro and your problem statement is that you’re struggling to connect devices to 2.4ghz (or even if you’re not on pro and don’t want to mess about with the settings) then contact them and they’ll help you out - I’m sure they still have the ability to do it for you. Regards the ability to disable 5ghz while you connect devices yourself, I’ve no doubt they have this on their list of things to add in the new app.

smithjohns403

It seems like you're having trouble disabling the 5GHz band on your Vodafone Hub and encountering some issues with the settings. Here’s a structured response you can use:

---

I have just received my Vodafone Hub and activated it via the App.

However, I am facing an issue in Expert Mode where I am unable to disable the 5GHz band. When attempting to do so, I receive the following error message:

"Super Wi-Fi is running your Wi-Fi settings. Please use the Super Wi-Fi tile in the Home Broadband App to manage your settings."

The problem is, I cannot find the Super Wi-Fi tile in the Broadband App to manage these settings. Additionally, the option to enable Split SSID is also not appearing under the WiFi Settings.

Could you please assist me in disabling the 5GHz band or accessing the Super Wi-Fi settings through the app?

Thank you.

---

This should help clarify your issue and prompt assistance from Vodafone support.

Was this written with ChatGPT?

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There's a lot of it about.

smithjohns403

thanks for giving information