Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Guaranteed minimum speed - what a lie

mbames
13: Advanced Member

Guaranteed min speed of 35Mbps when I signed up; line syncs at close to 40, but it can only just manage 25Mbps (even when testing against their own speedtest.net server).  Issues has been occuring since late December, so the line has has sufficient time to perform its initial DLM.

Spoken to vf numerous times, they raise it to tech 2, who do some line tests, and then close the ticket as complete.

The phone/tech 1 kept talking about splitting my wifi channels, as but the issues occur on a wired PC that is totally pointless, and shows a general lack of understanding.  However they are quite friendly and more than happy to write/add endless notes to your account.

When I was with Sky (same line), the service was perfect.  Wish I'd never moved as vf are a bunch of clowns in comparison.  My samknows box even reports performance as slow as 13Mbps, where there has been no one in the house, so I suspect that vf's backbone/exchange links are totally saturated.

22 REPLIES 22

Another moderator that doesn't read what's been written previously. Thanks for a video that Has nothing to do with my issue, it doesnt say anything about why VF dont give you what you pay for. I've already spoken to VF wasted 3 hours of my life and your tech team 2 made the speed to my house worse! People out there, please don't be fooled by VF's advertising speed lies

If this has previously been escalated to our tech 2 team, our broadband team on Twitter or Facebook will be able to check the notes. The broadband team will also be able to check for any faults on your line @speedbuggy

The Facebook and Twitter contact details are here

Done that already, the only fault on my line is that VF controls one end of it