cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to change wifi channel on new (square router)

flykthewiz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have received a new router ( the squarish one ) and i cannot find the setting to change the wifi channel

16 REPLIES 16

Adster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Well it doesn't help but at least I know I am not alone 😀

Thanks

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@flykthewiz The thread's been updated with a solution :Smiling: Please let me know if it works for you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is still no firmware update to resolve the loss of wifi channel options on the web settings.

Ive tried logging into the android app but i cannot connect using the QR code, it just goes back to the router icons. 

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Anonymous 

When you download the App it should give you specific instructions on how to pair your router. Can you try deleting the App and re-installing it to see if that helps? 

There's also a handy guide here that walks you through changing the channels once you have the App set up 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, it wont pair using the QR scanner & ive already tried uninstall / reinstall but the problem persists

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay @Anonymous do you know if your phone software is up to date? I'd recommend Popping the power lead out of the router for 30 seconds. If you could then pop the power lead back in and wait for the lights to all turn Green and restart your phone, this should help you here! You'll then need to press the Wi-fi pairing button on the side of the router to complete the pair 😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jack there is no wifi pairing button on the THG3000G router. Ive attempted it on both my Android Pie tablet & Android Oreo samsung S9 phone, after selecting the router & scanning the QR code it switches back to the router selection again.

Looks like im going to have to buy a third party router since im on channel 2 (2.4ghz) & channel 112 (5ghz) which are not optimal. Speed is impacted. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I've got the THG3000 and there is definitely a wi-fi pairing button. It's on top at the RH side.