main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

I want to schedule the guest WiFi to switch off at 9 pm. Vodafone Router

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

Hi

is itmpossible to set specific times for switching off the guest/ family WiFi as I want to block kids’ iPads from accessing internet. I have done this previously on my older ASUS RT router but haven’t set it up on Vodafone yet.

i know the router allows a total stop of WiFi at certain times, but that does stop me from using it :Winking_smiley:

any suggestions? Is the hardware/ firmware limited?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can't set a specific time for the guest WiFi to be switched off @jeffster_lives. You can switch the guest WiFi access off manually through the broadband app. This would allow you to stay connected to WiFi and stop your children accessing it.

View solution in original position

View more options
2 REPLIES 2

You can't set a specific time for the guest WiFi to be switched off @jeffster_lives. You can switch the guest WiFi access off manually through the broadband app. This would allow you to stay connected to WiFi and stop your children accessing it.

View solution in original position

View more options
3: Seeker

How is it we are able to communicate via satellite all across the world, stream TV and video to our houses, have video conferences and all the other amazing things that computers can do, but it’s not possible to have a simple setting to switch off children’s access to the WiFi router at a scheduled time?  Sort it out, Vodafone. Yes I can do it manually but sometimes I want to go to sleep or simply don’t remember to switch it off. 
Plus the guest WiFi is an imperfect solution because now I’ve put my kids on the guest WiFi they can’t join each others’ server to play mine craft together. 
Surely it’s not beyond the wit of man to come up with an easy-to-implement solution to this?

View more options