Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I want to schedule the guest WiFi to switch off at 9 pm. Vodafone Router

jeffster_lives
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

is itmpossible to set specific times for switching off the guest/ family WiFi as I want to block kids’ iPads from accessing internet. I have done this previously on my older ASUS RT router but haven’t set it up on Vodafone yet.

i know the router allows a total stop of WiFi at certain times, but that does stop me from using it :Winking_smiley:

any suggestions? Is the hardware/ firmware limited?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can't set a specific time for the guest WiFi to be switched off @jeffster_lives. You can switch the guest WiFi access off manually through the broadband app. This would allow you to stay connected to WiFi and stop your children accessing it.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can't set a specific time for the guest WiFi to be switched off @jeffster_lives. You can switch the guest WiFi access off manually through the broadband app. This would allow you to stay connected to WiFi and stop your children accessing it.

How is it we are able to communicate via satellite all across the world, stream TV and video to our houses, have video conferences and all the other amazing things that computers can do, but it’s not possible to have a simple setting to switch off children’s access to the WiFi router at a scheduled time?  Sort it out, Vodafone. Yes I can do it manually but sometimes I want to go to sleep or simply don’t remember to switch it off. 
Plus the guest WiFi is an imperfect solution because now I’ve put my kids on the guest WiFi they can’t join each others’ server to play mine craft together. 
Surely it’s not beyond the wit of man to come up with an easy-to-implement solution to this?

Agree! Having the same issue at my house. Old Vodafone router had options to schedule WiFi, I was hoping new one will have even enhanced features for that, but no, it doesn't have that option at all! I believe a lot of parents having same issue here, but not many willing to put thei voice out and try sort it out.

It is high time they sorted this out. It would be very easy to do if Vodafone’s engineers were instructed to set this up. 
may the moment I’ve removed the physical router from home and I have my kid’s phone SIM in my pocket because that is the only way I can be sure that access to the internet has been restricted. It’s an endless battle and I fee a lot of our family problems could have been reduced if there was a simple and cheap means of monitoring/restricting internet access.