Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is Superfast 1 FTTC or FTTH?

perishingtardis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I placed an order for Superfast 1, download speed 36 Mbps, upload speed 9 Mbps.

I assumed this would be FTTC (fibre to the cabinet). However, I have today received a welcome letter, saying "Thank you for choosing Vodafone Fibre to the Home Broadband". This is followed by instructions on how to connect the router to the Optical Network Terminal.

However, I don't have FTTH installed and I actually don't want it - I just want to use the existing phone line with FTTC.

Can someone please clarify if Superfast1 is FTTC or FTTH?

If it's FTTH, I'm cancelling.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @perishingtardis - Superfast 1 is usually associated with FTTC only. 

We can double check this for you, please come and chat to my team on Facebook or Twitter and we'll take a look at what you've got 🙂

Hi @Amanda

I've actually already gone ahead and cancelled the order completely with customer service on the phone, as I was already beginning to have nightmares about an engineer turning up to dig up my driveway.

I received an email confirming the cancellation, which describes the order as "Single Play FTTP", which seems to confirm that although I had ordered Superfast 1, it was going to be installed as full fibre to the property.

It would help if it was clearer at the time of ordering whether it is FTTC or FTTP that is being selected. Had I known it was FTTP I would never have done it.

But as you say, Superfast 1 is only 35 Mbps, so I can't really understand why Vodafone (or Openreach) would pay for FTTP to be installed for this.

Thanks anyway!

Thanks for updating the thread and letting us know @perishingtardis - I agree that it doesn't make sense to install something when it's not been requested. 

I'm sorry for the experience you had with this. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Superfast 1 is definitely FTTC, as is Superfast 2. Superfast 100 is the only FTTP Superfast version, all the other FTTP versions are Gigafast. Not sure whether the fact they use FTTH instead of FTTP means anything.