Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Latest lits of third party routers certfied by OpenReach

fabyon
4: Newbie

In case you want to use your own router here's the latest list by OpenReach which is the one Vodafone support team would refer to (that is if they have the updated list).

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/10/latest-uk-openreach-approved-list-of-vdsl-modems-and-r...

15 REPLIES 15

Carpcat
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So this means that Vodafone’s supplied router is not OR approved as it’s not on the list?

I believe there's a notice on that article that branded router supplied by ISPs are not included in the list as they're obviously ok since the ISPs are supplying them. 

love it :Winking_smiley:

DrWatson
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Word of warning, I bought a router (DM200) off this list only for it to be blocked by Vodafone as it was not on 'their' list. The representative wouldn't tell me when the last time it was updated was.

I'm currently trying to get in touch with VF's Technical team to find out how often they update their list. Also if I can get them to update it becuase I can't use my stuff till they do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are others on here who are using the Netgear DM200, and have been given their log in details after telling VF tech support that it is the equipment they will be using.  When I requested my username and password, I don't even recall being asked what hardware I would be using (Draytek Vigor 130 - most of the time), and there are users on here with equipment that is not on that list.

It's unlikely that your DM200 has been blocked, it's far more likely that if you were given the username verbally, they got it wrong, or that you've not set the modem up correctly.

*You cannot set the DM200 up for use with a router using it's "wizard", instead you need to use: https://kb.netgear.com/30773/How-to-set-DM200-into-bridge-modem-only-mode

Hey Keith, thanks for taking the time to respond.

I thought this unlikely also. I'm using the wizard at the moment just to try and get any internet from it at all, but it just doesn't work. The error that comes back is that the username and password is wrong, however the details are correct (they worked once before then stopped working when i upgraded my routers firmware, I was using an old BT modem back then, its been broken ever since. I thought it was the old modem but....).

I was actually phoning VF to see if they had changed my login details, but they hadn't changed (details delivered over messenger chat so no errors possible). Then the rep basically said the usual excuse, "everything on our side is fine its your kit that is wrong, its not on our list". It might be, I honestly don't know why its not working, this is just the last place the buck stopped.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The wizard on the DM200 will not work - it's there for setting the DM200 up as a modem/router connected via a cable to a single device.

Having used the wizard you'll probably need to reset the DM200 and then just follow the instruction in the link that I gave you!  If you end up putting your VF UserName and Password into the DM200 then you are doing something wrong!

Using the wizard isn't the issue. I want to have the internet for a single device to see if i can get it working at all, doesn't accept the credentials so theres no internet connection. If it doesn't work in modem/router mode for a single device, it not going to work in modem only mode for my router.

Basically the issue is either the DM200, the username and password being wrong, or something wrong with the bt/vodafone network outside my house. Considering my vodafone supplied router works fine, its either the first or second option. I phone them up and checked the input credentials, leaves only one explanation left.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so using it as a modem router for the single device you WOULD be using the wizard.  The two common issues with the user name and password are not including "@broadband.vodafone.co.uk" at the end of the username, and typing in the password incorrectly - if you've been given the password verbally see if you can get it sent to you via email so that you can cut and paste it!