Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Latest lits of third party routers certfied by OpenReach

fabyon
4: Newbie

In case you want to use your own router here's the latest list by OpenReach which is the one Vodafone support team would refer to (that is if they have the updated list).

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/10/latest-uk-openreach-approved-list-of-vdsl-modems-and-r...

15 REPLIES 15

Yep, done both of those things. I've always used @broadband.vodafone.co.uk as part of the username, and when I talked to VF recently it was over the chat window, they supplied me with the credentials in text. Exact same as what I was using before i.e. still didn't work.

I asked the guy in the message window if my device was locked out because it wasn't on the vodafone list he said that was a possibility. It's not a possibiltiy I would've thought reasonable before now, but it's pretty much the only possibiltiy remaining.

Keith,

Just to let you know that, thanks to some time to investigate over the christmas holidays, I gave this problem another 90 minutes of my life and managed to get to the bottom of it (finally). I will give more detail for anyone else having the same problem.

So, I tried the DM200 on its own again and miraculously it worked this time. It seem to not work, as before, but when I configured it manually for modem and router mode not using the wizard, and using the exact same information it decided to start working.

Next up getting it working with the router. I switched it into modem mode and set up my PPPoE details in the router. Stopped working again. So now we know its the router thats the issue. These problems all began when i upgraded my router firmware (I have a TP Link Archer C9 V1). I tried to upgrade again with the same firmware, still not working. I then tried a year older firmware from 2015, amazingly it started working again.

So TL;DR, the router was the issue and there may be a bug that stops PPPoE working with TPLink Archer C9 V1 latest firmware. This is available from TPlinks website for anyone having issues.

JOHN18742012
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Is there a new and updated list available? 

I am having seriously bad issues with VF and I'm pretty sure the router is faulty, but VF are refusing to accept this, a complaint has been logged and I'm not letting this go, I have around half a dozen different devices that I can't connect in my home, and customer service are utterly clueless! In fact, they'd be absolutely lost if someone pinched their scripts that they read from, just an awful company to be with and deal with! 

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

The openreach list never gets updated and it's related to DSL, so I wouldn't worry any about it.

As for which routers work they need to have PPPoe over WAN and for cityfibre a method to set the VLANID, which is around 99% of the routers available.

Ripshod

To late to edit, but if you're on VDSL (FTTC) the of course you'll need a DSL router or seperate modem, but even the that list is still outdated and most will do.

Funny how they list no asus devices, yet I know the dsl-ac68u works fine on both FTTP and FTTC - don't buy one they are expired. I only mentioned it because it's gone from brand spanking to end of line in the time since this list was produced. Also the netgear D7000 is listed - that one has been dead a few years now.

So don't buy anything on that list. 

Jayach

@JOHN18742012 wrote:

I am having seriously bad issues with VF and I'm pretty sure the router is faulty, but VF are refusing to accept this, a complaint has been logged and I'm not letting this go, I have around half a dozen different devices that I can't connect in my home, 

Start your own thread, and tell us about it.

We have far more knowledge than Vodafone support, but it sounds more like a Wi-Fi problem than actual router fault.