Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile phone signal poor.

KevBattle
2: Seeker

My wife has a Vodafone mobile, but the signal is very weak.

We're unhappy with Sky, but the signal is good with them.

Why would we switch to Vodafone broadband, just to save a few £'s?

I don't understand why she stays with Vodafone, if her mobile doesn't work on the network - but that's not unusual for me!

Classic impasse - I want to change from Sky as their broadband speed is poor, and Vodafone "guarantee" a higher speed apparently. What does that guarantee mean?

She doesn't want to change to Vodafone broadband if her signal is poor still.

Anyone brave enough to square the circle?

Poor Vodafone mobile signal versus poor Sky broadband speed.

We're not able to get fibre TN33 9xx area

5 REPLIES 5

Effie

Hey @KevBattle I hope you're doing well. It's disappointing to hear that your wife is experiencing signal issues, I know how frustrating that can be. In order for us to investigate this, please ask her to reach out to the Social Media Team so they can run through some network checks. If there is an issue in the area, this can then be raised to the engineers. 

KevBattle

Thanks for the advice, Effie.

I'll get her to do that, as it seems an obvious disadvantage if the whole area has gone to other providers...

Thanks @KevBattle we definitely want to get it checked out and see what is going on in the area to make sure everything is working as it should. 

KevBattle

Same here :Smiling: Apparently the signal indoors has always been poor, but she simply switched to Wifi mode and it wasn't until the Sky broadband started dropping out due to an error filled old router (now replaced) that she started complaining. I'd have questioned why she didn't complain previously but often "Help" Desks don't... 

We got Sky sorted but they "unwilling" to reduce fees even though the service was below their Suerfast minimum for a long period. That's why I want to change, but NOT if no better signal.

I am sorry to hear that @KevBattle I know how important good broadband is and how frustrating it can be when it doesn't work the way it should. We'll definitely run through the network checks with her and if there is any kind of issue that isn't already reported and showing on the Network Status Checker, we can look into getting a case raised with the engineers for a further investigation.