Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need to change route channel

shefmarkh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

According to many threads on here the option to change router channel has been removed. This now a major problem for me because an engineer has informed me that the equipment he came to service cannot connect on a channel higher than 10 and hence I need to switch the channel from 12 to a lower one.

Is this feature going to be put back? It seems utterly absurd it was removed in the first place!

Thanks,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2

VFbroadbanduser
10: Established
10: Established

Use an old version of the Android Vodafone Broadband app to manually change it. You need a copy of either version 4.1.0 or below to do it.

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@shefmarkh wrote:

Hello,

According to many threads on here the option to change router channel has been removed. This now a major problem for me because an engineer has informed me that the equipment he came to service cannot connect on a channel higher than 10 and hence I need to switch the channel from 12 to a lower one.

Is this feature going to be put back? It seems utterly absurd it was removed in the first place!

Thanks,

Mark

It seems unlikely that user channel selection will be returning any time soon but there is (or was) a work round for android users -  see this thread from about the 5th or 6th post.  
https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Can-I-change-my-home-broadband-channel/m-p/2...