Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Never been able to access my broadband account online since day one

APHC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Never been able to access my broadband account online since day one

My Vodafone Broadband went live on 27/05/21 and to date I have never been able to log onto my Vodafone Broadband account.

I have contacted Vodafone support at least 7 times on online chat and 2 times on mobile phone.

Every time time they suggest same remedy.

Clear cookies and cache

Try different browsers, I have Tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

I have tried logging onto account to 2 different computers and mobile phone.

Tried different usernames, that Vodafone have put on my account, and had countless temporary passwords sent to access account.

Does not matter how many times they reset or cleanse my account I still cannot access my online account.

Every time I get through all the steps and on finally entering username and password.

Always same response.

Sorry An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again

I am not impressed with Vodafone support it seems they all read of the same prepared sheet of questions to ask, not listening to the fact the resetting/ cleansing account has not worked in the past for my account.

17 REPLIES 17

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Raise a complaint, they should ensure it is managed to a resolution.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

Thank you for reply.

I had already contacted Vodafone complaints team on 0333 3040 441

Firstly on 05/08/21 and after repeating passed attempts/ suggested resolutions.

I was told that the issue had not been dealt with correctly on system and my account would be “properly cleansed” and I would have no problems – only thing was I could not use same passcode again.

So after 48hours I would be able to re register – no problems.

So on 07/08/21 Tried to re register again – Firstly would not accept my e mail address as user name

(This username is already taken please try a different one. - (Error ref 1w0))

Anyway completed registration and same results

(Sorry An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again)

After this again phoned Vodafone complaints team on 0333 3040 441 07/08/21 discussed issue but told Technical support not available at weekends. They would phone back on Monday.

I phone back on Monday 07/08/21 Vodafone complaints team on 0333 3040 44 repeated situation passed through to Technical team there line rung for about 5 mins before they cut me off.

I phoned back in afternoon Monday 07/08/21 Vodafone complaints team on 0333 3040 441

Explained situation again – refused to try there usual change password etc. as never worked in passed.

After back and forth was told even though there was a few service requests raised on my account they had not been actioned – Which I said was not Technically true as my Account Had been cleansed as least 5 times in passed, as I has to re register at least 5 times in past.

Told again never seen this problem before.

Eventually told that THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH MY ACCOUNT

Basically told my account does exist on Vodafone system, put the part of my account that I can access through logging on does not have any data in it to view – so system gives me error when trying to log in.

So told issue will be resolved with 3 to 5 working days possibly a week.

So I will “try again” in a weeks time.

Jayach

I bet they are not having a problem charging you. LOL

Have you tried using the My Vodafone app?

Correct @ Jayach
There has never been a problem from day one taking money from my account by direct debit. LOL

I downloaded Vodafone broadband app at start of contract and connected to my router no problem – but cannot access account information through this app.
I had downloaded the My Vodafone app but have never been able to log into it – so just deleted it.

Update on contacting Vodafone today regarding ongoing issue with online account access.

17/08/21 Phoned Vodafone complaints team on 03333040441 got passed the first menu options, to broadband support phone rung for about 2 mins before getting cut off.

Phoned back got through this time and was asked the usual questions and put on hold to check issue, on hold for at least 20 mins then another agent picked up and said can I help you, Yes I am on hold waiting on response from first agent, repeated issue then put on hold again.

Spoke to a third agent and asked agent had they resolved issue found from phone call on 09/08/21 “they said issue was resolved” and That they would rest my password again, they sent password reset e mail to me and asked me to log in again – “surprisingly” same error as before.

Sorry An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again.

I repeated I was not happy wanted to escalate issue further.

Put on hold for about15 mins, then told a supervisor would contact me, so put on hold again, then spoke to supervisor and explained situation again, Had to repeat username etc.

Put on hold while supervisor tried to log into my account using my details, after about 10 mins supervisor said she had SAME PROBLEM as myself trying to log into account, put on hold again.

Eventually supervisor came back online to say issue would be “escalated to highest level” and someone would phone back within 24-48 hours.

Total time on this call 1 hour 27 minutes – and issue still not resolved or any farther on from first time contacting Vodafone on 01/07/21.

Jayach

It really shouldn't be this hard for them to sort out a problem with their systems.

Latest update of ongoing saga with Vodafone 20/08/21

20/08/21 Phoned Vodafone on 03333040441 and said I was waiting for a call back from Vodafone from previous call as advised on 17/08/21. I was asked to explain issue. I said how many times do I have repeat issue, agent said can I try logging in. I said I had already tried to log in before phone call, and anyway if your supervisor cannot log into account – how can I.

I said don't you keep notes of previous calls about issue. I was put on hold, then a few minutes later was told to try again issue has been resolved, I asked to speak to supervisor but agent refused (we both got a bit heated, Mexican stand off Ha Ha) and agent insisted that I try again through password reset email agent would send. So I tried again to log on again through Vodafone reset Email.

Surprise Surprise same error

Sorry An unexpected error occurred when trying to log you in. Please wait a moment then try again.

Put on hold again.

Spoke to supervisor who said even though I had been told 24 -48 hours (on 17/08/21) they were still within the normal 3 to 5 day time frame to get issue resolved. I am afraid to say I got a bit heated again on call – can you blame me.

Supervisor asked was I having any issues with broadband signal and what information do I want to know from account (really). I said in general not to much problems with broadband an occasional drop out, and when I have asked for a copy of my broadband bill (which I cannot access online) it has been sent to me by Email. (sounded like I should be happy with what I have got, and access to online account would be a bonus!)

Put on hold again

Spoke to supervisor again who said technical support are still looking into issue and said there are 3 items missing from account which is blocking access to account. I was told issue should be resolved within 72 hours, and I would receive a callback from Vodafone on MONDAY, I am not holding my breath on that one.

Needless to say this is having an affect on my blood pressure (I have high blood pressure issues anyway) I need to try more deep breathing.

This situation is totally unbelievable, when you phone Vodafone do they never take proper notes from previous calls, and if a Vodafone supervisor cannot log into my account how can I.

Their get out clause to get me to try logging in again is always the same “issue has been resolved please try to log in again” – with no response as to what they have done to resolve issue.

You would think with the amount of times I have contacted Vodafone about this ongoing issue I would always be put through to someone who can actually deal with this problem or at least update as to what they are actually doing to resolve issue.

Better than last Tuesday only 49 minutes on phone call today.

I need to go for a lie down in a darkened room. LOL

Final update of saga dealing with Vodafone support

23-08-21 Surprised Vodafone actually phoned back today and I spoke to supervisor who said they would check with tech team to see if issue is resolved after being put on hold for a few minutes told they are still working on problem. Supervisor said she would phone back later that afternoon and issue should be resolved. I said it was better to phone back the following morning.

24-08-21 Vodafone supervisor phoned back the following afternoon and said the issue was still not resolved and they would check with tech team, so put on hold, after a few minutes was told “back end problem” with account was fixed but there was still a “front end problem” with account that is stopping me having access to account, put on hold again so she they could speak to tech team again, after about 10 mins supervisor said there are still 3 issues to be resolved on account and hopefully the issue should be resolved by 27/08/21. Supervisor said they would call back on 27/08/21 with an update.

27/08/21 Tried to log into my Broadband account – to my surprise I was able to log in, only taken 3 months to get to this stage.

In afternoon got the call back from Vodafone and I informed them that I had now obtained access to my broadband account.

My final thoughts, before joining Vodafone I new there were some customer services issues but never imagined they would be this bad. I wish I had checked this forum before joining Vodafone.

Their broadband is good value for money, but not for stress involved with dealing with Vodafone support.

Vodafone need to improve there support staff training and procedures when dealing with customer issues.

So to conclude at end of my contact I will be changing Broadband supplier back to a supplier with better customer support rating and using a UK based call centre.

I've got the same login issues...Broadband goes live on the 7th Sept for 24 months...Have I make a big mistake? I can still cancel and stay with Now Broadband, and never had any issues!

I don't need this stress 'n' worry for a saving of £3 pound a month!