Nightmare support so I just left!

AlecBarnes
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

It really stuns me that Vodafone think they are going to get:

The cost of your plan, up to and including your disconnection date

and

your bill will also include your Early Termination Fee.

After the way I have been treated I'll see you in court first.

I signed up for broadband on 30-06-21 and soon found out there were 2 broadband account on the same line? I was billed twice for the mistake. Then in Feb 22 I realised I was being charged for superfast 2 which I could never get on my line. After speaking with Vodafone a gentleman agreed to downgrade me to Superfast 1 but said It would be a renewal of my contract, I refused to renew and he told me he would do the downgrade without renewal.

Fast forward to the end of July and my speed began to drop, every evening between 9pm and 10:45 pm sometimes down to below 2mbps!!

So I go through the chat and 1st line support blame my wireless radio, tell me to unplug, switch off devices etc etc until I get a ticket with 2nd line support.

During this conversation I found out the downgrade had indeed renewed my contract! When I pointed this out 1st line offered to "Change the dates" on my plan.

2nd line support asked me to e-mail screenshots which I did, nothing was fixed the ticket was closed.

While this is happening I have been collecting results via speedtest.net which clearly show a pattern, my broadband cannot be used between those times, it's so bad webpages don't load and my TV apps do not load with a timeout error.

I sent the results link to 2nd line support but still nothing happens.

https://www.speedtest.net/results?sh=25bf7582fc77aa5e6dfe2cf2062d15ca

Whenever I phone for help I get through to a kind person in another country that I cannot understand and they do not understand what my problem is.

With no help on this I have now signed up for another provider and then get the e-mail telling me I have to pay for the rest of the service.

It just sucks!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@AlecBarnes wrote:

Hi,

It really stuns me that Vodafone think they are going to get:

The cost of your plan, up to and including your disconnection date

and

your bill will also include your Early Termination Fee.

That was the contract you signed up to.

If you wish(ed) to leave without penalty you would have needed to use the complaints procedure, up to and including taking your case to CISAS if necessary. Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK

I do know how useless Vodafone's support is and feel sorry for anyone who has to use it. I hope you can resolve the issue without having to go to court. Not paying any charges could also give you problems with credit ratings, if that is something you rely on.

Do let us know how you get on (if your able to), best not to just ignore things as they will only get worse.

Good luck.

@Jayach wrote:

That was the contract you signed up to.

Indeed, however I believe the contract also mentioned something about supplying me with unlimited broadband, which they have not.

Jayach

@AlecBarnes wrote:
, however I believe the contract also mentioned something about supplying me with unlimited broadband, which they have not.

I don't disagree, but you should have pressured them into keeping to their part, (by using the complaints procedure) not breaking yours.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking Vodafone's side. I sincerely hope you don't suffer because of this, and had you gone via CISAS, they may well have awarded compensation for your poor treatment.

It's just breaking a contract won't be looked upon well by a court.

I wish you had come on the Forum earlier, we may have been able to advise you better.

I forgot to add my complaint is in (12=08-22) and I have a response this afternoon that it is being dealt with.

I've got 14 days cooling off to cancel the new deal if I get a fix from Vodafone. The reason for the new order now is to ensure I won't be without service. :Smiling:

Jayach

Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction. Once it's working the broadband is fine, It's just the thought of what you will have to go through, if there is a problem.