Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Returning Equipment

Pollai
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good evening,

I need to return the router from a cancelled broadband order. I have contacted Vodafone twice about this and was twice told I would receive a label for this. I have been waiting for weeks now.

I had issues when signing up with Vodafone broadband, my first order had to be cancelled due to user error on my side. The second order seemed fine but was somehow internally cancelled without a warning by Cityfibre/Vodafone so I had to place a third and final order which was successful and Cityfibre did turn up to install everything. I got some credit applied to my account due to these issues but even with this my first bill was higher than expected and with the coming price rises I am just so disappointed in myself for signing up so close to April...

I need to return the router from the failed second order, can anybody help with this? Both chat and phone contact efforts have failed to help.

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Pollai wrote:

I got some credit applied to my account due to these issues but even with this my first bill was higher than expected and with the coming price rises I am just so disappointed in myself for signing up so close to April...

If you signed up after the 23rd February, there will be no price rise this year, the first will be in April 2024.

Heya,

I signed up on the 7th of February, so unfortunately my prices will be going up :Sad_face:

Jayach

@Pollai wrote:

Heya,

I signed up on the 7th of February, so unfortunately my prices will be going up :Sad_face:

Was that for the third try, which was the only one to actually go through?

Jayach

Unfortunately Vodafone's returns policy includes both Mobile and Broadband returns, so it's difficult to work out just what the process is.

Terms and conditions – Returns Policies - Vodafone

However, from the above:

How do I cancel my order?
To make a claim under our 14-day returns policy, you’ll need to tell us that you want to cancel your Service(s). To do this:

For broadband returns, please get in touch on 08080 034 515 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles). We’ll need your account information to process your return. Please have this to hand. 

Unfortunately, you can’t take a broadband router (or other home broadband equipment) back to any of our stores. Alternatively, we’ll send you a pre-paid envelope which will arrive in 2-5 days after you have contacted us. You must put all the Equipment that came with your order into the pre-paid envelope and send it back to us, making sure that all items are protected and boxed securely. .

So if you haven't contacted them on that number, give it a try, and ask for pre-paid envelope.
Good Luck.

I think I have only tried the usual customer service number so I will give that one a try also, thank you. It's almost like they do not want it back. Twice now agents have assured me that a label is on the way and I have been kept waiting. Very strange situation.

Jayach

@Pollai wrote:

I think I have only tried the usual customer service number so I will give that one a try also, thank you. It's almost like they do not want it back. Twice now agents have assured me that a label is on the way and I have been kept waiting. Very strange situation.

That's the number I always use for broadband related problems/queries and so far I have always found them reliable.

But yes, Vodafone's processes are appalling.