Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SMB user name and password for port 445

Manjeet
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi community i am trying to access my local network storage of my router on my android device. I am trying to add local network storage using file manager network drive SMB but I can't figure out username and password for [Vodafone wi-fi 192.168.1.1:445]

Can anyone help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cynric
16: Advanced member

Additional: the X-Plore app will connect to the share but to open the share it wants an in-app purchase. This is annoying, but at least it will confirm the connection credentials if it does nothing else for you.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Ripshod

Your login should be the same as the router UI login. 

When I login to my router default IP address it straight goto password field won't ask or show User name. I know my password but struggling to find user name. Like most router got root or dmin default username but these didn't work for me.

Jayach

I've never tried to access the share from an android device. On Windows it doesn't ask for a username and password.

But as when I log into my router the log shows:

04/16/2023
20:12:39
2023/04/16 20:12:39 [warn] 6767#0: *21634 [lua] session.lua:103: changeUser(): changing user to vodafone
system
So try vodafone for the username.
Just a guess.

I have tried using username as Vodafone didn't work either 

Jayach

What are you using on Android to contact the share? My Android phone has 2 file managers, but neither (AFAIK) will connect to a local network share. With Windows I just copy the path of the network share from the router setup (mine is \\vodafone.broadband\Teclast_CoolFlash_1_048d) and paste it into the run box or file manager.

I don't get asked for username and password.

I can't work out how to do the same with Android, but I'm just a phone user, I don't get involved with the operating system.

I am also an android phone user and I  am using standard file manager. And i am trying to add/access network storage [usb stick] plugged into my router.  Its giving me 3 options and i am using SMB as other won't recognise my storage on local network.

Which file manager are you using?

Screenshot_20230416_120128_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20230416_120212_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20230417_002727_My Files.jpg

Jayach

My phone is a Redmii Note 9, so it has this File Manager from Xiaomi:

File Manager – Apps on Google Play and it has  files by google – Android Apps on Google Play.

At home I use the router share for files I want to be easily accessible from my all devices, but on the phone I use Google drive.

Networking on anything other than Windows is a bit of a "black art" to me. Lol (but I do like to dabble)

Jayach

Once I'd had a play around with it the Xiaomi file manager does have an option for an SMB share, but like yourself I can't work out what the username should be.

Thanks for your reply.  I have got Samsung A52 and using built-in file manager. I will yry other file manager you have mentioned whenever I connect to my home network.  Now I am not on my  home network at the moment.  I will update you if those file manager are good for me.