Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

'Sorry, Something went wrong' - Can't checkout broadband

wrathgor
2: Seeker

Hi! I'm thinking about to move to a new property but I need to know If I can really get 900mbps or not. It's a bit confusing. When I enter details about the property(House Number, postcode) it shows as I can get 910 mbps. Which is what I wanted. If I continue to checkout( just for testing ) it's not working. Always returns that error. 

Address that I'm thinking to move is number 32. Strange thing is when I enter the same post code and another house number like 30,28,26 etc it doesn't return an error, I can buy it. I can share the details about the address if needed. I'm not going to rent the property if I can't get 900 mbps. It's important for my job and gaming. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Best thing would be ring vodafone broadband sales up . Forum staff wont be able to help

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @wrathgor, It's awesome to see you're thinking of joining us 👍 As this is a public forum, we wouldn't be able to discuss any account related issues with you here. Have you followed @gipjon advice and reached out to our Broadband Sales team? I'm sure they'll be able to get an account set up and advise when your service can be installed 😊

JL_87

I am getting the same right now, i need to purchase broadband and I've selected the package i want but just says sorry something went wrong. Did you ever find out what the issue was? Currently there are gift vouchers available with suppliers but run out end of month so trying to purchase quickly but already had issues with Talktalk so cancelled my order with them and Vodafone was my next go to but can't even purchase it lol

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @JL_87 - We'd love to have you onboard, I'm disappointed to hear you're coming across an error when trying to process the order. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies or trying from a different browser or device?

You can also speak with our sales team on livechat, or via phone by calling 191 (from a Vodafone number) or 

0808 040 8408 (from an alternative number). Let us know how you get on!

Yeah I tried different browsers and I called through but that meant I would lose the £100 gift voucher if I dealt directly with the company, but I tried another supplier and no issues purchase went through fine so definitely an issue with the site.

I have the same problem. When I rang up I got told that they are not able to setup new broadband due to no available installation dates.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm disappointed to hear you've had issues trying to take out broadband with us @Rok997 - Have you tried speaking with our livechat team?

Yes I tried and they said keep trying again as they don't know when they will have installation dates available. But it's really time consuming to go through all the checks everytime. And they cannot ring me once they have a date available. Also a postcode 10mins away have plenty of dates and allows to checkout but my one don't

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I understand this must be frustrating @Rok997 - We do appreciate your patience and hope you decide to still take out broadband with us when appointments become available. Have you also looked into our mobile broadband options?