cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Super WiFi booster, Alexa no longer working.

clarkey1984
4: Newbie

Hi all, we recently moved house and opted for the Vodafone router with the backup mobile dongle that also comes with the WiFi booster with built in Alexa, unboxed it and set everything up, absolutely fine.

Then the other day we had a power cut, and somehow the booster lost sync with the router, I just had a flashing red light on the little top button, so I reset it by holding the button in for 10 seconds and seemingly this fixed it, apart from the Alexa no longer works, it responds to the wake up word, but all that happens is that the 3 red lights on the front of the booster flash to indicate that it's not working.

I have rebooted the router, reset the booster countless times, and I also tried a firmware update on the router, but that keeps failing, so maybe there is no new firmware available, plus I also deleted and reinstalled the Vodafone app on my phone so I'm working from a completely clean slate, booster repeats the WiFi signal but still no Alexa, although nothing I'm doing is any different to what I did on initial setup and it all worked fine before.

Anybody happen to have anything I could try?

Many thanks in advance :Smiling:

2 REPLIES 2

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @clarkey1984! I'm sorry to hear your Alexa isn't connecting for you. As you're on one of our Pro plans, I would recommend reaching out to the Wi-Fi Xperts Team on 191 from any Vodafone phone (03333 040191 from any other UK phone), through our live chat here, or through your Vodafone Broadband app.

I've found some general troubleshooting that may help. If you click here, you'll be linked to Amazon's Echo Device having Wi-Fi issues page, and here you'll find out how to set up your Vodafone Pro Broadband video, just to ensure you're setting this up in the same way 🙂

Never fear, it's just me, I'm just an idiot.

It turns out that all along I've been clicking the super WiFi tile in the Vodafone app, and not the super WiFi plus one, so of course Alexa won't work, because the super WiFi doesnt have it, now I've actually clicked the right thing it's all working as expected.