main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Super wifi hubs ethernet backhaul

Drefsab
2: Seeker

Hi there I've got pro broading being installed on Monday for a new house I'm moving into. I've received the kit but the setup documentation is rather poor and underwhelming.

Where I plan to have my router should cover most of my home but we have an external garage that's been converted into an office/craft room space. This is to far away to get a signal from a router though 4 rooms and 2 exterior walls.

I've already got ethernet running between the house where the router will go and the office space, I want to ideally know if I can connect the super wifi booster via ethernet (also you can with just about every other wifi mesh system).

This will make far more sense in my setup that having to daisy chain several boosters just to get signal to where one is needed (never mind the crippled speeds you get with wifi backhaul). 

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Amanda
Community Manager

Hey there @Drefsab it's great that you're joining us!

The standard way is to set these up remotely via the Vodafone broadband app, you can see full details on how to do this here - however, the actual boosters themselves do have an ethernet port.  

I'd recommend speaking to our WiFi Xperts for more in-depth instructions and compatibility for your home set up. 

View more options
Drefsab

Just spoke to them they said it will work, the recommend wifi but where my office is its in a converted garage that's separate to the house and it's as far as it could possibly be from the router so you don't get any WiFi signal. 

Either way I'll keep people updated after I set it up next week. 

View more options
Evie

I understand how important it is to get this sorted, especially when working from home. Please let us know how you get on next week @Drefsab 

View more options
Drefsab

Hi All, well I finally had time to set things up test/configure the wifi correctly.

Just to confirm Yes the super wifi boosters (both the alexa ones and none alexa ones do support ethernet backhaul). So my first booster thats in my office thats actually the futhest away from the router is connected with ethernet had has excellent coverage. 

I've also seen people question if its indeed a mesh, I can confirm that they do indeed opperate in mesh mode, with seamless device handoff between boosters/router as I move around the house. Or if I relocate boosters they will connect to the one that has the best route to the router etc. Overall I now have far better wifi coverage in my new house which is lager than I ever did at my old house on the virgin media superhub 3 with wifi pods and an addtional wireless AP for the upstairs.

Screenshot_20220529-145821_Vodafone Broadband.jpgScreenshot_20220529-145749_Vodafone Broadband.jpgScreenshot_20220529-145803_Vodafone Broadband.jpg

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Drefsab wrote:

Overall I now have far better wifi coverage in my new house which is lager than I ever did at my old house on the virgin media superhub 3 with wifi pods and an addtional wireless AP for the upstairs.

That's not something I ever expected to read on here. Glad it's all working well for you.😀

View more options