Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 wifi performance

GarySwift
2: Seeker

How good is the wifi on the THG3000 as I have changed isp due to poor wifi from their router/modem. I did read somewhere that if subscribing to the 910mps package you automatically got provided with the superior Ultra Hub. Took delivery of the new router today only to find that I've been supplied with the THG3000. Hope this will solve my wifi issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:
Vodafone could update it for you, but I'm not sure they would be willing to do that as they apparently should be returned at end of contract.

Actually that is not possibly not true, others has stated it on here, but checking the price plan here:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/document/vfcon118097.pdf

10.3) says: 

Jayach_0-1695917857752.png

So yes, people could sell them on.

View solution in original position

39 REPLIES 39

I have a broadband-only plan so there is no digital voice.  It's not something that I miss anyhow - everyone calls my mobile (still with Vodafone on an unbeatable tariff).

petezx9

I found that wifi on the 5ghz band was ok but on the 2.4ghz band it was appalling/next to useless. My phone would only connect if it was in the same room as the router and even then it wasn't reliable. I had to buy my own router (TP-Link) in the end as VF customer service out in India or Eqypt or wherever they are were useless. I suspect they did nothing despite saying they had sent updated settings to the router.

The main problem is getting the digital voice on other router makes

CrimsonLiar

Personal opinion here:  I think the whole Digital Voice situation at the moment is a complete debacle that will only get sorted out if OFCOM intervenes.

As for discussing how you might be able to get digital voice working on such a router, it's not magic, but it still may not be possible without such high-level shenanigans that VF would probably ban us for discussing even if we are talking about doing it on BT!

Jayach

When it comes to digital voice, it's really just a VoIP service bundled in with your broadband. Basically the two things should (and I'm sure eventually will) be separate,

It's just at the moment, coming to the end of the PSTN we still associate them together.

Jayach

It presumably has the phone number of the subscriber it was issued to.

Vodafone could update it for you, but I'm not sure they would be willing to do that as they apparently should be returned at end of contract.

Jayach

@Jayach wrote:

Actually that is not possibly not true, others has stated it on here, but checking the price plan here:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/document/vfcon118097.pdf

10.3) says: 

Jayach_0-1695917857752.png

So yes, people could sell them on.

Jayach

Can't update the previous post, but this is the current price plan, but it still says the same thing.

vfcon123099.pdf (vodafone.co.uk)

So  I  can purchase another VF pro router from  ebay or  facebook market place  and vodafone can update the digitel voice number  onto that router 

Jayach

@IanPye1000 wrote:

So  I  can purchase another VF pro router from  ebay or  facebook market place  and vodafone can update the digitel voice number  onto that router 

I'm sure they can, but I don't know if they will.