Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 wifi performance

GarySwift
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How good is the wifi on the THG3000 as I have changed isp due to poor wifi from their router/modem. I did read somewhere that if subscribing to the 910mps package you automatically got provided with the superior Ultra Hub. Took delivery of the new router today only to find that I've been supplied with the THG3000. Hope this will solve my wifi issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:
Vodafone could update it for you, but I'm not sure they would be willing to do that as they apparently should be returned at end of contract.

Actually that is not possibly not true, others has stated it on here, but checking the price plan here:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/document/vfcon118097.pdf

10.3) says: 

Jayach_0-1695917857752.png

So yes, people could sell them on.

View solution in original position

39 REPLIES 39

I think Vodafone need to  Issue a standard router  with decent wi fi  coverage  the are lots of posts  that are all complaining about the same issue on THB 3000 router 

My Freind has been with vodafone for over 25 years with his mobile account with multiple mobiles can vodafone afford to upset a loyal customer 

he is going to move  to another provider with evrything  the have said he free to move at any time 

He intends to request to move on 01-10-2023 for evrything 

VF  customer care   are causing  people to leave   without just doing a simple fix 

Jayach

@IanPye1000 wrote:
the Vodafone Thg3000 is lucky if the WiFi covers more than 15 feet in same house router in same location 

That is not my experience with the THG3000, I find the Wi-Fi more than adequate, (but not brilliant, most ISP routers aren't)

I can still use it at the bottom of my garden, and the router is in the middle of the house.

In the other direction, where it has to pass through a couple of walls, the 5GHz signal strength drops off a bit, but it's still faster than the 2.4Ghz, even though that shows more signal strength.

Jayach

@IanPye1000 wrote:
the prices for Bt and Vodafone are very similar now 

Jayach_0-1695761351982.pngJayach_1-1695761367301.png

That's 20% dearer, and no landline with BT. I call that significant.

My THG3000g does a decent job with covering the house with about 40 devices being a mix of phones, laptops, smart tv, smart plugs/bulbs etc (the house is mid 90s construction so not thick stone walls) 

Ripshod

@IanPye1000 You've had a bad experience with the vodafone router, I get that. But they're not all that bad. Mine was pretty good tbh, and you've also heard@Jayach's opinion.

No-one joins a forum to say the product is great. They join because they have a specific problem to sort. But think about how many broadband customers vodafone have, and then compare that with how many come here with a problem. It's a drop in the ocean. Look at other forums that cover multiple isp's and look at how quiet it is there regarding vodafone.

Your experience may be bad, you're an exception. If there was a way for me to give you my thg3000 I would, but I wonder how much of your problem is down to external interference in your environment. 

If vodafone just sold  the pro router as an option  I would purchase and also get digitel voice as well 

Jayach

@IanPye1000 wrote:

If vodafone just sold  the pro router as an option  I would purchase and also get digitel voice as well 

Depending on the price, I'm sure many would pay a one-off price for the better router, however it makes more sense from Vodafone's point of view to charge an increased monthly figure, as over the 2 year contract they will get much more than the value of the router.

They have been sending me emails offering upgrades to Pro II.

If I took them up on the offer, it would cost me £243.88 to have Pro II Fibre2 over my current Fibre2., not taking into account the yearly increases, which would make it more. (there is no Full Fibre here)

O.K. it would give me the 4G backup as well as the improved router, but I'd rather spend that money on a 3rd party router, if I felt I needed one.

We have manged to borrow a router ultra pro 2  it seems to work perfectly  the only thing tha dosnt work is the digitel voice it seems to have the incorect voice number now it works perfectly on evrything else  

we have tried factory reset  that makes no change on voice number 

turned the ont off no change 

any one got any idea how to  update the unit to correct digitel voice number ???

CrimsonLiar

I'm on BT and I have a BT Smart Hub 2 that I can play with, and from the tests I did while I still had the old VF HHG2500, they were pretty similar.  Frankly, they both managed nothing compared to the bullying Asus GT-AX6000 I use as my daily router!  Then again neither the SH2 or the VF routers look like a scutter that's escaped Red Dwarf!

how do you get the digital voice  to work on that router