Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The process for switching from Virgin Media Fibre to Vodafone Full Fibre

eggybread
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the process I'll need to go through to switch from Virgin Media Fibre to Vodafone Full Fibre.  The instructions weren't so clear and I want to avoid a gap in service.

Do have have to cancel Virgin Media before Vodafone can be installed i.e. make by cancellation date the same as my install date?

Would Vodafone install a new cable, or would they use the existing one coming into my house from Virginmedia?
If they were to put in a new cable, could I plane for a point where I have both services running just to be sure?
Anyone here done similair - any help most appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @eggybread, it's awesome to see you're thinking of joining us 😊 Moving to us from Virgin Media is much the same as joining us from any other provider. You can place your order online or by reaching out to our Sales team. If you're thinking of bringing your landline number with you, you'll need to let us know this when you place your order. Please be aware, we're unable to guarantee this will be possible.

As Virgin don't use the Open Reach infrastructure to provide your service, you'll need to contact them yourself to request cancellation of your service when moving to us. If you don't do this, they may continue to charge you for any service you're receiving. 

If you'd like anymore information that I've not covered here, you can reach out to us via one of our social media channels and we'll be happy to fill in any blanks.