Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Think vodafone has block my pm because i get Access Denied

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Not sure if vodafone has blocked my pm on this forum. All i get is Access Denied when i go to pm . 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, I don't have access to DMs either, so either we are both in the bad books, or it's just VFs admin gone wonky!

gipjon

The last pm i sent on here was back to the ceo of the tec website who was looking into publishing a story about vodafone and wanted some info . After that all i get now is Access Denied.  So im not sure . Been like it now a few weeks   

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi all, private messages have been disabled across the whole Community. We found that they were causing a drop in our Value Analytics survey results, as customers believed they were part of a Live Chat type service and gave us a lower score when they had no response.

We've never used the private messaging feature on the Community to deal with customers or their accounts, as we previously used email and now direct customers to our social media channels. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, but please rest assured none of you are being targeted specifically. 

We're trailing the impact that disabling PM's for a month, so this is subject to change in the future. 

gipjon

I can't believe Vodafone is still on with this crap of satisfaction rating 

Cynric

.@TJ So we, your valued customers, who do use the PM feature are left out.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager
The private message function has been removed from the Community as it's causing confusion for some customers, who believe it works as a Live Chat function @Cynric. This has never been the case and we've never dealt with customers via private message on the Community. This change has been implemented to avoid any confusion for our Community members, I'm sure you can understand it would be annoying if you messaged expecting a reply; only to be told this isn't available.
This change will be implemented for one month whilst we assess if it has had a positive or negative impact and was discussed with our managers, moderators and Community Champions before we went ahead with the changes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And disabling something in this manner never made anyone think that action in itself could cause customer dissatisfaction?

Maybe sending everyone a PM to tell us the ability was being withdrawn, and then withdrawing the link from these pages would have been a good idea?

Cynric

.@Mark what an unhelpful answer. This was a facility that I used. Withdrawing it is not a positive experience.

gipjon

Vodafone "This has never been the case and we've never dealt with customers via private message on the Community: 

What a load of bull . Vodafone always use to pm customer via the messenger service . If you look back on older posts it always said we have pm you or can you pm us etc . I have load in my pm folder   which i would share if i could access it 

Wonder if its even legal to close pm .

As for customer feedback.  You be getting 000 on the next one . And i bet every vodafone customer will agree