Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ubiquiti USG

draevans
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Las anyone successfully replaced the Vodafone router with a USG.

I have entered the PPPOE credentials into the USG but never get a connection. The USG has been updated. I have FFTP via CityFibre. Connecting the USG to the vodafone router doesn't work as the router has no bridge mode and hence two DNS servers and same IP address etc.

Ubiquiti suggest simply reseting the MAC on the USG to match the Vodafone router.

Any suggestions welcome..

BTW I have tried Vodafone's customer helpline - and received nothing that was helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

The big one is the use the ethernet port on the ONT to connect directly to a PC and check the settings that way.

Vodafone are terrible for giving people the wrong login credentials, and in the case of FTTP giving the incorrect VLAN ID - in most cases it should be 911 (not the 101 you'd use for VDSL).  However, VF FTTP in some locations is using other VLAN IDs!

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

I had my gigafast installed on monday (8th) and its been great with my unifi USG. 

Until thursday afternoon the USG dropped the connection. Restarting the NTE(wall box) and the USG solved it.

Then it happened again at 11pm, this time I tried just logging into the USG to tell it to reconnect, but it would not.

Restarting just the USG and the internet came back up.

Has anyone experienced this?

How did you get the login details from Vodaphone? ANd is your USG connected straight to the wall box?

@LWCARAB wrote:

How did you get the login details from Vodaphone? ANd is your USG connected straight to the wall box?

Wall box -> USG WAN port. No need for vodafone unit ( you will use phone line though)

I called Vodafone gigafast customer services and asked, the nice lady at the end gave them to me immediately :Smiling:

Hey Richard, 

How are you getting on with the udm pro with gigafast? Are you getting the full line speeds/have any setup issues I should be aware of? 

I'm about to get one this week so any information on your experience would be welcome

Hi get my VF Gigafast on monday try seen and let you know, Where do you get the username and password from

Thanks

@anandpatel15

You ask for your dsl username and password off the gigafast team. You'll need a router that can apply a vlan tag to WAN, usually this is 911 with gigafast but it could vary in your area.

Hi and thanks for a reply I was hoping to use my usb pro direct from the ont. or will I need a router as well if so please which to buy. Thanks 

@anandpatel15

No problems, is that, the USG pro 4 you have? I think autocorrect may have betrayed you there. 

If you go onto the settings > click networks then go and edit the wan, set to pppoe, enter the details vodafone give you. Apply vlan tag of 911 (making sure you've disabled smart queues)

You can connect the USG pro directly the the ONT. I believe there was a user in a previous post on this thread shared a picture of their usg pppoe setup with gigafast :Smiling: 

Let me know how you get on with this and how your speeds are once its all hooked up

Will do I get my gigafast on Monday keep you posted. 

Once again thanks

Hey, 

Just checking in to see how you're getting on with the usg and gigafast?