cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub bug in web GUI: cannot change wifi settings.

_rik_
4: Newbie

Hi,

Just received the router and went live yesterday at around 8pm.

Before going live, I set the the wifi properly. At 8pm the router was automatically reset by Vodafone (every setting lost).

Now I can see the firmware is different.

Firmware-Version: 19.2.0307-3261013

Productname: Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub

A previous bug has disapperead but there is as new but even more annoying: the router doesn't let me change anything in the wifi settings, not even the password despite the router itself pop up a message saying "you should change the password".

I'm going to work around this problem with the mobile app... let's see what happens....

36 REPLIES 36

Cynric
16: Advanced member

.@_rik_

This looks interesting :

// The role of the user(admin/support/user) is later used to determine if it has access to particular Vodafone pages
sessionStorage.setItem('loginRole', 'user');

I wonder what changing the loginRole reveals. 

Hi Cynric,

I already tested it 2 days ago, hoping to see something more advanced than this noob GUI.

I've tested both loginRole and userRole. There isn't even need to change JS because these values are stored in the session storage of the browser where you can find:

l2type:"VDSL"
loginRole:"user"
page_load_count:"0"
pageLoaded:"true"
user_interacted:"pristine"
userRole:"user"
wanSyncStatus:"VDSL"

Unfortunately I can't see any useful new menu after changing that to the other available values (I only tested admin).

I was hoping in some option like "GodMode" or "TurnThisCrapIntoCisco8300" 😂😂😂

I've also tested the role "support". Nothing new either.

Just to complete the report about the hidden fields. This is what happens when I sent the "compatibility" field.

[HTTP/1.1 200 OK 5519ms]
    wifiLowMode	"bgn"
    wifiLowBand	"20"
    wifiHighBand	"auto"
    action	"SAVE"
    CSRFtoken	"dec97642c35ee4d99951978f5d9e9189da6d76f2c80918764ea4be89c362a4bc"
    Channel_value	"false"
    wifiLowChannel	""
    wifiHighChannel	""
    wifiLowAutoScan	"0"
    wifiHighAutoScan	"0"
    wifiHighACSAllowedChannel	"36+40+44+48"

Note the last property that confirm JS has sent the proper value.  And this is the result

[HTTP/1.1 200 OK 5519ms]

status	"success"

This confirm the nginx server inside the router agrees.
Despite the success, the 5 GHz are still on channel 64.

Cynric

I spent a fruitless afternoon doing the same kind of thing.

It's surely disabled server side. I wonder if an old android app is still able to set the compatibility mode. Some people say yes, but probably they think it work only because they see the parameter in the GUI without actually testing if the router accept the value and change channel.

At this point I doubt there is anything we could do client side to work around the problem, whater the client OS/software/UA/size.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all. Our routers have recently had an update to include a feature called Wi-Fi Doctor. This allows your router to automatically adjust your settings to get the most out of the service. 

To activate Wi-Fi Doctor for your router you'll need to complete some steps within your router homepage. Once you're in the GUI, you'll need select Wi-Fi from the top menu, then General Settings and ensure that Split Wi-Fi bands (SSID) is set to off.

From the drop down box at the top, please select Expert Mode, then Wi-Fi from the main menu. From the Wi-Fi menu, select Wi-Fi Settings. You should see Band Selection, click More Options and you should see Select Channel. If this isn't already set to Auto, select Auto and click Update Channel.

In the Diagnostics and Cures section, if the status shows 'ACS state should be enabled', select Enable ACS (this should appear in blue). Once the settings have been updated, your router should automatically switch between channels and frequencies to give you the best connection. I hope this helps 🙂

Alternatively, pop our Social Media team a message to discuss your specific account in more detail. If you pop over a link to this thread and your username, you won't need to repeat your query 

Cynric

Beth,

Channel Selection is NOT on my GUI when in Expert Mode at the Wi-Fi page.

Firmware 19.2.0307-3261013

Jayach

@Beth wrote:

In the Diagnostics and Cures section, if the status shows 'ACS state should be enabled', select Enable ACS (this should appear in blue).

There is no such section. Which router and firmware are you referring to?

Hi Beth,

we were trying to achieve the opposite: manual static settings. However your info could be of help... I'm going to try which settings are available in single SSID.

PS: the web interface is buggy and doesn't let me merge the SSID. I'll try with the android app.

I'm now in single SID but it's all the same as before (apart than 1 single SID).

@Beth wrote:
click More Options and you should see Select Channel

"click More Options and you should see Select Channel"

There is no such option. Probably you have another firmware. Mine is

Firmware version
19.2.0307-3261013-20200812152603-87d129527e2b6c5db641b036118778179b03c3da
Bootloader Version
19.02.1146-0000000-20190110090550-897d2844f012557134a272eb8a8a90f85e9a7a8d
Hardware Type & Version
Vox3.0v