Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What hours does help line work?

Tiggerfan
4: Newbie

Our broadband has not connected for several hours. Cityfibre in Poole. All the online checks say no fault found. I have been round in circles more than 6 times, ie check this check that reboot etc etc.  It always say chat with us. Then it says you have reached us outside our opening hours. If your device is lost or stolen call blah blah.

When I signed up I did not expect such apalling service.  At the very least this web page should state what the actual opening hours are. I cannot find this simple info anywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Odd as I wouldn't expect it to need to connect to the router to do a Broadband service test. It's under Support & Diagnostics

Are you sure you're not trying to do the speed check.

You can do the same test from a browser.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

Must be different equipment I guess. When I try via mobile the message says "App to router connection failed.  Ensure your device is connected to the Vodafone broadband network."

Jayach

Odd as I wouldn't expect it to need to connect to the router to do a Broadband service test. It's under Support & Diagnostics

Are you sure you're not trying to do the speed check.

You can do the same test from a browser.

My apologies. The panel called support and diagnostics is indeed active as you say.  All the rsst of is dead so I missed it.  Useful to know.

Jayach

Yes, the Broadband service test, tests your line from the Vodafone servers to your router, not the other way round, so doesn't need access to the router.