cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why won't my tv connect to my broadband even with a cable ?

Wendyadele2020
4: Newbie

why won't my tv connect to broadband even with a cable?

39 REPLIES 39

That makes no sense. The 4 yellow LAN ports are all RJ45 (as is the WAN port, but you are using that to connect to the CityFibre ONT).

I think we will need some pictures to make sense of this, an ethernet connection should be easy-peasy.

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

That TV does have a standard ethernet port, however, it does have very limited connectivity.  As it connects to Freeview HD directly, it may be necessary to either reset the Freeview HD or possibly even reset the TV completely!

As for any external streaming boxes, they will need to connect to the router using either WiFi or an ethernet cable and then connect to the TV using an HDMI cable.  Again, some streaming boxes can need to be fully reset when you change ISP!  All this should work there are no blocks on the system.

I have been plugging in and unplugging & reset to factory settings, I finally have depend, but I don't have any channels (tv guide is empty)

Jayach

@CrimsonLiar wrote:

That TV does have a standard ethernet port, however, it does have very limited connectivity.  As it connects to Freeview HD directly, it may be necessary to either reset the Freeview HD or possibly even reset the TV completely!

I had missed that when I looked up the model, apologies to the OP.

@Wendyadele2020 as you have both a smart TV and a freesat box, you are going the need two ethernet cables, one for each to fully utilise them both. (or use Wi-Fi, they both appear to have the capability)

How did you have it cabled before you moved to Vodafone?

Demand isn't working, I now have a Ethernet cable to tv & freesat box, still saying not connected.

i had one cable from router to freesat box

Neither have wi fi

O.K. as you previously only had the Humax connected, lets forget about the TV for the moment, it's just going to be a monitor for the Freesat box.

You say you have a  HRD-10000S/1010S (manual here: https://uk.humaxdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/09/HDR-1010S_Manual.pdf)

Page 24 seems to suggest it does have Wi-Fi.

Jayach_0-1655387681737.png

But maybe you have a slightly different model without Wi-Fi.

If you use the cable that you previously used and connect one end to the Humax in the same socket used before, and then connect the other end into one of the yellow LAN ports on the Vodafone router does that work?

I have just purchased 2 new Ethernet cables, both plugged in, still no channels,

I have demand, but keeps keeps cutting out. Router has full single.

I'm definitely struggling to understand what is going on here.

I have the HB-1100s, which I use on Wi-Fi (with an external hard drive, so the functionality is basically the same as yours.)

Have you actually gone into the network settings to see if it has been set up correctly?

Jayach_0-1655397139853.png

I don't think I can offer any more advice, without at least a little feedback.

IMG_3298.PNGIMG_3299.PNGIMG_3300.PNG