cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

Adster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I was having some issues with my modem/router THG-3000, so I did a factory reset. However, now there is no option to select the wireless channels in expert mode. I need to manually select my 5GHZ channel to achieve max speeds on my wireless.

Was this removed by a recent firmware update or is my router bugged?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

View solution in original position

206 REPLIES 206

bigad1992
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

You're not alone, mine has done the same thing. It's annoying as my Amazon Fire Tablet can't locate and connect to the 5Ghz half of my Wi-Fi if it's channel is above a certain number (and by default Vodafone uses 100 for the 5Ghz half). I don't know why it's gone but they need to add channel selection back in.

Thanks for your reply, that suggests they removed manual channel selection in a firmware update.

My laptop now only connects at 86mbit, whereas when I was able to select my preferred channel I connected at 433mbit.

My gaming pc was able to connect at 1300mbit, now also 86mbit on 5ghz.....

I really do not want to have to spend £200 on a 3rd party modem/router. I was quite happy with the THG3000.

Can we have a firmware update to allow wireless channel selection please?

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member

Even though I run my THG300 with WiFi switched off I had to go and have a look...  

With WiFi switched back on, I still have manual channel selection for both available to me in [Expert Mode]/[WiFi]/[WiFi Settings].

Whilst I don't need VF WiFi, I'll watch out for that changing but a better firmware update would be the ability to switch the thing into bridge mode to enable proper mesh networking.

Is your firmware 19.2.0203-3261005?

HappyNomad

Firmware-Version:           19.2.0203-3261005

struggling to add a screen shot of WiFi settings page.

Thanks I saw your pic, that was how mine looked liked before I did a factory reset.

To add the pic, copy the link from the attachment, then in the post editor, click on insert/edit image button, then paste the attachment link as the source.

Your pic,

So if HappyNomad has the same firmware version as you and I, then why can't we change the channel any more? Sure would be nice to get an offical answer from Vodafone (FYI, my firware version is 19.2.0203-3261005 too) or a solution so we can fix it.

HappyNomad

From a user perspective, it certainly seems a pointless modification to the firmware.  An unintended consequence of another update item perhaps?  Moderator/Champion comment is noticeably absent from this discussion.

I retired my THG300 yesterday in favour of seperate modem & router.  All worked more or less out of the box and guess what... I can change channels (along with most other things at will.  :Winking_smiley:

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!