Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activate Vodafone UK SIM in Denmark

Shutterbug
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I will be traveling from Canada to Denmark then to UK. I have a new SIM from Vodafone UK. Can I activate it while in Denmark?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Shutterbug 

The problem will be the SIM has to connect to the local network in the UK to activate correctly, there will also be the added problem of adding credit, you will need a UK registered to an address in the UK credit or debit card.

You don't mention how you received a UK network SIM. If there is added credit there is no harm trying to activate the SIM outside of the UK but you may find the SIM won't activate correctly and you may be able to send but not receive.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

Hi @Shutterbug 

The problem will be the SIM has to connect to the local network in the UK to activate correctly, there will also be the added problem of adding credit, you will need a UK registered to an address in the UK credit or debit card.

You don't mention how you received a UK network SIM. If there is added credit there is no harm trying to activate the SIM outside of the UK but you may find the SIM won't activate correctly and you may be able to send but not receive.

My friend just came back from UK with an unused Vodafone UK sim. I think I can use PayPal to top up the credit. My concern is whether I will be able to have a proper data connection in Denmark. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As long as the SIM was activated whilst in the UK and has available credit, there shouldn't be a problem using it in Denmark. Please make sure your phone's set up for use abroad and unlocked to any network before you travel and you'll be all set for your trip.