Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activating

KristinaVolk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear Vodafone Team,

I would like to ask for help with activating my sim card. I have got HUAWEI and able to see the 'Emergency calls only' on my phone. I have paid for the service and have been trying to activate it with the following :  *#1345*591664385550#. I have put the  Voucher PIN code from the obtained receipt. However, once I dialled this, I have got a pop up that 'Mobile network is no available'. I am also attaching the billing info below.
Could you please tell me what I have been doing wrong?

I am looking forward to hearing from you,
Yours sincerely,
Kristina
[MOD EDIT: The attachment connected to this post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]
24 REPLIES 24

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @KristinaVolk 

It look like to have added a top up through a third party and not direct with Vodafone.  If you had topped up following this link Top Up you would have avoided the added on service charge.

As far as activating the top up is concerned, it is probably held in a queue pending activation and will shortly be added, if you contact the third party, they should be able to confirm when the top up will be processed.  Try calling 2345, this will give information on your balance as will the My Vodafone Application here My Vodafone this will give information on your credit. 

Thanks very much for getting me back.

I have been trying to top up using the link and I ve got the problem with not recognising the number.

I have attached the screenshot below.

Could you please tell me what wrong is here?

Yours sincerely,

Kristina

[MOD EDIT: The attachment connected to this post has been removed due to the personal information included. please see Community Guidelines]

And I cannot call 2345 because I still see the message mobile network not available.

Yours sincerely,

Kristina

AnnS

@KristinaVolk 

Are you in the UK or abroad?

The SIM should already be pre activated for PAYG and only needs a top up.

I am in Edinburgh and arranged the top up, but it has been still pending probably. This has been my initial reason to contact your team

cheers,

Kristina

BandOfBrothers

Is your Huawei phone unlocked to all Network's or locked to Vodafone so it'll accept a Vodafone UK Sim card @KristinaVolk 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I am not sure. Could you please tell me how I can check it?

Cheers,

Krisitna

Where did you get the phone from ?

Is this the first time you've tried a Vodafone UK sim card in it ?

If the phone is unlocked to all networks or locked to Vodafone then it'll display the Vodafone name in the top status bar.

If it does not accept a Vodafone UK Sim card it'll say No Service or similar.

It'll also say this if a phone has been blacklisted via its imei.

A person can check via checkmend.com/uk/ 

We are fellow customers here with no account access to check your account. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Social Media  can @KristinaVolk 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the detailed message.

I can see 'Emergency calls only', which means it doesn't accept the Vodafone sim card.

Cheers

Kristina