Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activating

KristinaVolk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear Vodafone Team,

I would like to ask for help with activating my sim card. I have got HUAWEI and able to see the 'Emergency calls only' on my phone. I have paid for the service and have been trying to activate it with the following :  *#1345*591664385550#. I have put the  Voucher PIN code from the obtained receipt. However, once I dialled this, I have got a pop up that 'Mobile network is no available'. I am also attaching the billing info below.
Could you please tell me what I have been doing wrong?

I am looking forward to hearing from you,
Yours sincerely,
Kristina
[MOD EDIT: The attachment connected to this post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]
24 REPLIES 24

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@KristinaVolk 

Try going into the connection settings, select mobile networks, network mode and selecting LTE.3G/2G and see if the phone picks up a 4G or 3G signal.

It certainly looks like the SIM card is activated and everything is working from Vodafone and this is more of a phone issue.

It sets to 2G/3G/4G and detects automatically, there is no option to go only for 3G or 4G  :Sad_face:

Cheers,

Kristina

Screenshot_20210622_162156_com.android.phone.jpg

Okay, I have inserted the sim card into another phone and it says `No service`.

Probably, the phone is locked to another vodafone phone number.

A phone's does not lock to a “ Vodafone phone number@KristinaVolk 

A phone locks to a network or is instead unlocked to all Network's.

If the alternative phone your using accepts any sim card or is locked to Vodafone then it should accept your Vodafone sim card unless the 2nd phone is at fault.

Possibly visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store with identification and I'm sure they'll try to assist you further by checking your sim and account. They maybe able to try your sim card in one of their in-house phones.

They may swap the sim out and or perform a sim swap.

I hope all goes OK.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.