Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Added £10 Bundle but £20 deducted from balance

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

So here I am again...

I just added the £10 Big Value bundle to my PAYGO account. Prior to adding the bundle I had £30.86p available credit, I now have £10.86p available credit? I definitely ordered the right bundle as I have received a text informing that the £10 Big Value bundle has indeed been added to my account.

So I called Vodafone on 191 and spoke to Shrooq and explained that I had £30.86 available balance and that I had just ordered the £10 Big Value bundle and that it had been added to my account but £20 has been deducted from my available balance instead of £10. I had £30.86, I should now have £20.86 but i'm showing £10.86. I was told that she would speak to the backend team and get the missing £10 refunded. 

I get a phone call back from Shroog informing me that the £10 Big Value bundle was successfully added to my account and that £10 will be deducted from my account when it renews?!? I explained that was not why I called and explained the above again at which point she says - Ahhh Got you, now I understand - Great! I was told that my missing £10 wasn't showing where it went and any failed payments would be refunded back to the bank in 3 - 5 days?!?

So how do I get back the extra £10 Vodafone has taken from my available credit balance?

2 REPLIES 2

WelshPaul

Ahhhhhh darn it! Few seconds after I submit my post the missing credit has indeed been returned to my available balance. Why is Vodafone's online top up service so unreliable? Almost every time I have used it something goes wrong. I am already reliant on top up vouchers purchased in shops because your debit/credit card topups fail 50% of the time. I have to wait up to ten days for funds to be released by the banks when this happens! I'm seriously thinking of switching networks because of these issues. 😕

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Not the best experience but I'm glad to see the credit returned @WelshPaul 

It has indeed happened before when a top up glitches and then the Bank gates off the funds awaiting for Vodafone to collect and if they then do not collect they remove the ring fenced funds.

This is why I prefer a top up voucher personally.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.