Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Breaching Vodafone T&C's

nothappy77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I am feelig very angry and annoyed with Vodafone right now. Yesterday with no explanation and no apparent reason i recieved a text message saying F:BAR S: B: This number will be disconnected for breaching vodafone T&C's, contact ##~##. I thought it was a joke but low and behold my phone said no service and has been this way since. I tried contacted the number several times only to get to an automated voicemail saying they would return my call. im still waiting. Getting through to vodafone customer service yesterday the person i spoke to also said he got the automated machine. 

Feeling very frustrated I rang again today. only to be told I must go into vodafone shop. So last wednesday i put £10 top up on the phone and I can not use it and there is no explanation. So my seriously ill relative relys on me to all them but because of vodafone poor customer service I am not contactable and custmer service says I need to wait for that department to get back to me or go into a vodafone shop. Why I am I being inconvenienced this way and why cant a vodafone representative tell me how I have breeched my contract. ? I need a response! this is disgraceful treatment! 

41 REPLIES 41

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi. Has the phone not been used for some time ?

63johnw

This is from the t&C's

If you choose to stop using the services. If we
suspend the mobile equipment because you
have chosen not to use the services for 180
consecutive days we will send you an SMS
notifying you that you should top up your
account or make a chargeable outbound call (but
not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS or use
your data within the next 90 days. If you fail to do
so, we will disconnect your mobile equipment
and you will lose any credit held on your account.

AnnS

Hi @nothappy77

With you having only recently topped up, the SIM will be active.

Unless you have used your SIM in a computer and churned out an excessive number of calls or texts, there is no reason for Vodafone to stop your service and bar your SIM.

There is also no justification for going into a Vodafone Store, store staff can't help.  This should be something where Customer Services should be able to give a reasonable explanation.

For quickness, give live chat a try, they may be more helpful.  Otherwise, wait for the Team here to get round to the thread.

Speaking to a representative again she said it is showing the breach was because I sent bulk messages from my phone and this was not done before causing them to lock the phone incase it was lost or stolen. Wow!

isnt this a bit extreame! With the fact that i have unlimited text messaging its not as if they were sent from abroad. Surely vodafone could have sent me a text to say they are temporarly going to do this as a precaution instead of totally cutting my whole communication. 

So yesterday I did send a message to the parents in my voluntary group (which is what the phone is for) using an app "text2group" that I have been using for years. (Just not with payg).  So i'm not able to send a group message, I have to indivually type numbers (Really!!!)

I just find it very unprofessional that I can receive a text with no explanation and still no one has contacted me from this department. this is not good customer service. Why is it so difficult to get answers about the breach of use. Surely when I first rang up and gave my phone details to the main customer service department  they should have been able to see that the phone has been cut and reasons why. 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @nothappy77

I'm not surprised your not happy if you have not breached any Payg T&C's on your Account. 

Usually Customer Services on 191 from a working sim card or 

03333 040 191 from other UK landlines or mobiles (standard call charges apply) or Live Chat would be able to access your account and explain. 

The Social Media Team here read all posts but it can sometimes take a short while for them to read all posts. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

How more frustrating can this situation get! So yesterday I went to the vodafone shop to be told they can not help me as someone had pointed out in their post. They were also given the same number. The fraud department. I had to ask the man again what he said. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT :smileyembarrassed:

supposidly I would have sent 3,000 text messages for the account to be suspended. OMG no I dont have 3,000 contacts. They will be able to see that the message was sent to 59 contacts attending a voluntary arts community group. I dont see what is fradulent about that!

Furthermore why cant I speak to anyone in this department? why are they not taking incoming calls? Why is it taking them so long to sort out my problem? Maybe they are short staffed!

I rang this morning again for the number to ring out! Time to contact the CEO im not happy again! They are taking the ##~##! Can you imagine if my life depended on this phone to be connected. :womansad:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd like to take a look into this for you @nothappy77.

So we can do this, I've sent a private message with details to contact our team directly. We'll be in touch as soon as possible to help.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@chris_bourne_

You'll need to verify your email address in order for your recent post to appear. As well as that, you may need to follow another link you've been sent, in order to release the post you made at 01:51 pm.

Hi im having exact the same problem is there a direct dial for the appropriate team that deals with these issues