Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot cancel auto top up

charlotteamy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I set up auto top in the my vodafone app - what a mistake!

I want to move off PAYG onto a SIMO plan as I want to take advantage of wifi calling so need to stop the payments going out of my bank account.  

- Can't do it in the app

- Live chat sent me to a random call centre that can't do it

- 2345 say they can't do it

- 191 say 2345 are supposed to do it.  Marshall in the contact centre tried to resolve, said he'd call back but didn't.  Apparently they can't see the auto top up in their systems, possibly because I set it up through the app.  

Someone please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Hi Charlotte

I hope you've got this sorted. I had a similar problem a while back, and discovered that no part of Vodafone could find any trace of my recurrent card charge, so had no means of stopping it. It wasn't anywhere I could find in my online account. I eventually found someone who talked sense, but I can't remember how - possibly by calling 18829 and making a mess of inputting data.

The current version of the app includes a "manage cards" option under topup - would deleting the card from there fix it?

The answer may come from your online card or bank statement. The charge apparently originates from Vesta Vodafone, and clicking on the name gives more details, including a phone number - 08082810848 - so they might be worth a try. Though why no-one you speak to at Vodafone seems to know anything about this doesn't fill me with confidence. I found some topup terms which mentioned Vesta, but how can they use a payment agent and know nothing about it?

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

ToniCa

Hi Charlotte

I hope you've got this sorted. I had a similar problem a while back, and discovered that no part of Vodafone could find any trace of my recurrent card charge, so had no means of stopping it. It wasn't anywhere I could find in my online account. I eventually found someone who talked sense, but I can't remember how - possibly by calling 18829 and making a mess of inputting data.

The current version of the app includes a "manage cards" option under topup - would deleting the card from there fix it?

The answer may come from your online card or bank statement. The charge apparently originates from Vesta Vodafone, and clicking on the name gives more details, including a phone number - 08082810848 - so they might be worth a try. Though why no-one you speak to at Vodafone seems to know anything about this doesn't fill me with confidence. I found some topup terms which mentioned Vesta, but how can they use a payment agent and know nothing about it?

Thanks for response! Did you manage to solve through this 18229 number? It’s so ridiculous, I think I will port out my number just to make sure!!

ToniCa

The person I spoke to could see my recurrent charge, and stopped it - problem is I'm not 100% what number I rang! A while back now, but my call log suggests it was 18829, and I think that number is for setting up auto topups.

I hadn't found the 0808 number at that stage - only realised more recently that clicking on a merchant name brought up a whole lot more info - but I suppose it's a help line, and might get you through faster to someone who knows something. At any rate, it's a free number!

ToniCa

Hi again, Charlotte

Having started the 18829 hare running, I gave it a try. If you call, then input no further info, after a short while it gets fed up, and transfers you to a "topup representative" - at which point I disconnected! But it does seem to get you through to a real person!!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@charlotteamy - We can double check your account for you to make sure the auto top up has been cancelled. I’m sorry you were facing issues trying to get this sorted.

Please pop your details over to us by following the instructions in this private message.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to resolve this.  Update calls from 191 stopped coming and the supervisor in the contact centre was really rude.  Had to block my card (halleluja for Monzo and freezing) to stop more payments going through.  Was going to go onto SIMO but gone to EE now because it's too painful. I advise anyone else to do the same!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@charlotteamy I'm sorry to hear this still isn't resolved. When we sent you the private message, did you complete the form to contact us?

If so could you please provide us with the reference number we'll have sent you out via email - it'll look something like this [#1234567] then we'll be able to chase this up you. 

Yes unfortunately the drama continues. I had a call to follow up today but I was kept on hold for 20 mins and now they are challenging if the refund is valid. I wish they would listen to the call where we agreed it!  Appreciate any help. The reference number is 17894878

For a moderator - can someone look into this? I just had a call from the refund team but they asked for my long card number so I said I would call back in as no way to check if it is fraudulent. 191 can't transfer me and the number they gave me says they are having technical difficulties so they can't do inbound calls?  03333042135 was the number given.