Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Close deceased person's PAYG account and associated online account

gladtobegrey
3: Seeker

How does one go about stopping a deceased person's PAYG account and the associated online account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @gladtobegrey 

This may help vodafone-uk/bereavement/form/ 

Or have a word with Social Media Team Support Here although due to GDPR they may not be able to discuss the person's account with you unfortunately.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @gladtobegrey 

As this is PAYG the account will automatically be ended if the SIM is not used for 180 days.

gladtobegrey

It cannot be done more quickly?

Hi @gladtobegrey 

This may help vodafone-uk/bereavement/form/ 

Or have a word with Social Media Team Support Here although due to GDPR they may not be able to discuss the person's account with you unfortunately.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers, @AnnS,

Thanks for your replies.  I'll try the form suggested by @BandOfBrothers, but both replies appreciated!

You're very welcome @gladtobegrey 

I wish you all the best with sorting this out at such a sad time.

Take care.

Current Phone  >

Do you have access to the phone?

If you do then you also have the option to request a STAC code and entering it on a different providers website. 
That way the number will cease one working day later. 

It's only a plan C if you need an easier way of doing this. 

Thanks @donnyguy,

I do have access to the phone but, being a bit thick, why do I have to enter the STAC on another provider's website?  I don't want to get another service, I only want to close down the existing one.  

I've submitted the form mentioned earlier; I'll see what comes of that.

cancel-your-account / STAC is an option for the account holder to move the account to another network but not retain ownership of the number @gladtobegrey This way provides a new mobile number from alternative network.

Current Phone  >

Hi there,

Sorry for not being clear (it's on me, not you).

So basically, the STAC code is usually used in scenarios where a subscriber (either PAYT or contract) is wanting to move to a different provider and not keep their telephone number.

So if you give that code to another provider, you're basically telling them to notify Vodafone that you want that number / account ceasing. 

It's not the best solution in this scenario but it would get you the desired outcome within 1 working day. 

Reason I suggested it is a friends partner passed away last spring, had a PAYT number and my friend wanted it closed. Rather than go through filling forms out, I generated and used a STAC code (asked a friend on EE to enter it on their account) and it resulted in the VF PAYT being ceased the next day. 

But as you've filled out the bereavement form, hopefully they will resolve it. They have the facility to close the line down, just they may be of the view that it makes more sense to leave it and let it expire which in this scenario, you don't want.