Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Close deceased person's PAYG account and associated online account

gladtobegrey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

How does one go about stopping a deceased person's PAYG account and the associated online account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @gladtobegrey 

This may help vodafone-uk/bereavement/form/ 

Or have a word with Social Media Team Support Here although due to GDPR they may not be able to discuss the person's account with you unfortunately.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks .@Donnyguy  (I finally worked out how to tag other contributors!)

The bit I don't quite get is how to give the VF STAC code to the other provider (EE in your example) without them expecting me to have purchased a new number from them?

EE's online help suggests I can just contact EE's Customer Services by chat (my wife has an EE account) and give them the STACT Code and the old mobile number?

VF's website is slightly different - they have a form to input the STAC code, but have a mandatory field for the new (VF) number (which I wouldn't have), the STAC code and the old phone number (the one to be terminated).

Can you just elaborate on that bit?

Hi again, 

No worries - so you're right to ask the question.

The intended use is when you've moved to a new network but you can use an existing line with another network and still go through the STAC process.

So in your example, your wife is on EE. 

You would:

1. Get the STAC from Vodafone (this can be generated via the My Vodafone account) 

2. Ensure it's the STAC (as this basically ceases the number whereas the PAC would transfer it and you don't want that)

3. If your wife is on EE. Log into her My EE account.

4. Scroll down to Account Management

5. Go to Keep your old number (misleading title but there you go)

6. You'll then be able to enter the STAC and phone number

7. One working day later, the Vodafone account and number will cease, your wife's number / account with EE carries on as normal 

The info on Vodafone's account (the online form you found) to use the STAC is for if you were ceasing a number with another network and joining them. 

Thanks .@Donnyguy,

That makes it very clear.  Just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to end up signing up for an account I didn't want or, even worse, unintentionally stopping my wife's number/account in the process!  

Hi there,

You won't so long as you generate a STAC code and not a PAC (as a PAC would replace your wife's number with the one from Vodafone) and as you're entering it on your wife's existing EE account then no worries there either. 

There should be easier ways to get things like this sorted (I mean, did you get a response from the bereavement team on the form you filled out) but as a workaround, this is a pretty good one.

.@Donnyguy - no, nothing back from the bereavement team as yet.  I'll monitor and post back if/when they respond or act on the form.