Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Europe 8 day pass, calls only add on

Avadelmar
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, not convinced after advisor chat, please help.

Firstly, I’m on payg Simply tariff, uk rate 53pmin calls/ 26p texts. I fully understand that  when I visit Spain soon, I need to add a  payg extra option. I only want calls …£5 for 100 mins 8days. The £5 will be  immediately deducted from my current balance.  I’m only likely to maybe call my husband or son, who’ll be there too. Is it true that I won’t also have to pay my uk standard call rate…53pmin..as well.  In other words…will I have to pay anything over and above the add on. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

You won't be charged above the £5.00 roaming pass @Avadelmar , if you are only going to receive calls you won't even need the roaming extra.  The trick is to add the extra on the day you leave the UK, the extra starts on the day it is added.  There is further information here Roaming Charges 

You mention you are on a Simply tariff, this tariff was retired many years ago and you would have been migrated to one of the newer plans, my guess is you are on PAYG 1.  See here: PAYG 1 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

You won't be charged above the £5.00 roaming pass @Avadelmar , if you are only going to receive calls you won't even need the roaming extra.  The trick is to add the extra on the day you leave the UK, the extra starts on the day it is added.  There is further information here Roaming Charges 

You mention you are on a Simply tariff, this tariff was retired many years ago and you would have been migrated to one of the newer plans, my guess is you are on PAYG 1.  See here: PAYG 1 

Thanks Ann….yes I’ll add it when I go. Re the Payg Simply tariff, looking at my account, it still just says Pay as  you Go (Simply). I can see an option to add a Bundle or PAYG 1 plan, but haven’t taken it up. Anyway, thanks for clarifying  the add on question.IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg