Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting a receipt from a top up

DSwan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone tell me for what possible reason Vodafone don't issue electronic receipts for online top ups?

I've been using Vodafone's network for some additional work activity and require a receipt to show how much I topped up and when - not a VAT receipt, just something that shows the credit being applied and me paying for it. 

However, there's no record of the top up or transaction on the website or in my Vodafone account page, and I'm being told I need to apply and wait 3 days for one to be issued?

Why is this not emailed like everyone else? 

I've not had this problem with O2 or EE before. It seems like the most obvious way to keep track of payments, and I can't think of a single transaction I've made electronically that didn't include an email with confirmation of a successful payment. 

Why not Vodafone? 

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Does the method you used to pay for the online top up show as a payment to Vodafone @DSwan 

If so would your workplace accept that as proof ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @DSwan 

If a VAT receipt would do the job, you can request a copy here: Request a VAT receipt 

I appreciate the reply, but as I explained, I'm aware of this option and I don't think I should have to wait upto 3 days for someone to manually fulfill this. 

My bank statement isn't proof of anything other than money was sent to Vodafone - not which number it was applied to, nor how it was used once on there - everything you'd expect Vodafone to track - but there's barely ANY information on my account outside of my mobile number and marketing preferences. 

It's basic online transaction management - your customer pays for a product or service, you issue a receipt to confirm what they've ordered.

The person who was on the other end of the 'customer service' text service (if we're calling it that), seemed to think there was a security issue, which I doubt. 

Hi - just reading your post.  I'm in the same position - did you ever get that VAT receipt?

I have tried to use the link to 'request a receipt' but the link is not working and hasn't been working for over a week now.

I agree, you should automatically get a receipt when you purchase.

I had the same thing with vodafone about a year ago and I had to make an official complaint to get a VAT receipt!

Have you found a quicker way of getting a receipt?,...

Thanks  

If anyone from vodafone is reading this:

THE 'REQUEST A VAT RECEIPT' LINK IS NOT WORKING.

You can fill the form in, then it comes up an error when its submitted.

Come on vodafone, get a grip.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know you're having some issues with this @MickB1972 - at what point in the journey are you having issues, as I can see the link itself is loading okay? 

Hi,

You fill the form in with all the info then after submitting, this message appears :

Sorry, the form you're trying to submit has an error. We're working to fix it and the page will be back ASAP.

Please click the back button to retrieve your information and try again in an hour.

I've completed the form maybe upwards of 10 times over the last 3 or 4 weeks?

Mick

Thanks for letting us know @MickB1972 I'm sorry you keep getting this error! 

Just to check, have you tried the following steps to try and rectify the issue:

- Cleared cache and cookies
- Tried a different web browser
- Tried a different device

If you've tried the above and it still isn't working, please drop a screenshot of the error message and a link to this thread to the Social Media team here. They can run through some detailed checks and help get this sorted for you 😊

Just tried it on a different device and got the same message.

I don't subscribe to face book or twitter so I can't contact the social team.

Can I not just email?

Mick