cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to convert an iphone 4 to pay as you go?

taskview
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

A friend has given me their iPhone 4 which was on contract with Vodaphone.  What is involved in converting the phone to pay as you go?  Is this possible without having a contract?  I just use a simple Tesco Pay as Go phone at the moment.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @taskview 

Firstly Welcome to Vodafone 

You are going to need the PAYG APN data settings, you can get these by texting WEB to 40127 or from the device guides here:  Device Guides .  However, if you synchronise to your Apple itunes account or Finder as I believe it is now called, you will be able to download the carrier settings.

Also more information for you here:  Vodafone PAYG

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @taskview 

The iPhone maybe locked to Vodafone Uk so if your wanting to use your Tesco sim card in it then Vodafone would need to unlock it first to all networks.

How-do-I-get-a-Network-Unlock-Code-NUC if I'm not a Vodafone Customer. 

So basically acquire a Vodafone Payg sim card and use it in the iPhone for 30 days making calls etc and then fill out the unlocking form found at the side of the forum.

But If your wanting to use a Vodafone Payg Sim Card as your new network then when you insert the sim card in the phone you may get a few set up messages pushed to the phone one being the Apn's which allows the Internet part to work so you can then use mobile data to surf.

If you don't then text WEB to 40127 or input the Apn's manually How-to-manually-enter-vodafone-apn-settings 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.