Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming calls only can’t top up sim swap or get pac code

As37
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

After being passed about via numerous live chat agents since last summer and also being promised not to worry my numbers are still active and that I would have the issues resolved once passed on to the technical department back in janauary this year via phone chat 

i am now reaching out here hoping someone at Vodafone has the tech knowledge and experience to help fix this rare network issue

My problem is I have two extremely old Vodafone SIM cards that I used for work  they both show full reception and receive incoming calls and texts I can also dial 191 and 2345 from them

My problem is I can not top up these sims, I get a message saying there’s been technical difficulties,  I have tried different phones and every possible way to top up, I was sent out two replacement sims last summer to resolve problem but when I input my original numbers on the sim swap form I also get a message saying their was an error. I have also tried texting 65075 to get their PAC code and I’m receiving a message saying their is a technical difficulty. 

The SIM cards are old style ones I have had them around 15 years and it’s as if the sim serial number/number were never updated on the Vodafone system (although I did get a Vodafone survey text after my call to 191) now I’m stuck as I can’t top up (stuck with £30 worth of top vouchers I can’t use and can not port these sims either, I need these work numbers, it’s seems like it’s just a matter of my sim numbers not being configured to confirm any sort of command I give them 

Please could someone get back to me on this issue

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A conundrum indeed @As37 

I would suggest as there is no account access via this forum to now contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's as they do have account access to which I'm sure they'll try to help you further with this.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.