Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect charges on PAYG1

devsecops
3: Seeker

Hello,

The last two days, I've been charged the £1 PAYG1 usage charge. However, on both days, I've sent zero SMS, made zero calls and used zero data. In fact, I have mobile data turned off on my device and also blocked in my account "Controls and limits". When I review the usage statistics on my account, I cannot see any usage correlated with the time when I receive the automated text from Vodafone indicating the charge has been levied. The closest thing I could find this evening was a usage type of "Purchase" (what type of usage is that?), but this usage was actually after I received the text. I do use the internet via wifi but, as I said, I have mobile data off on both the device and account settings.

I have tried (twice) to get this explained and resolved through the online TOBi chat, but it's pretty useless and, while I'm sure they are doing their best, they are unable to explain or fix this, merely to refund the £1 each time as a "goodwill gesture". Is there a way to escalate this and have it properly investigated? I see references elsewhere to the "social media team" but it seems as though you need a code for the "Social Escalation Hub". Any advice appreciated to get a human with some agency to look into this? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

devsecops

I should perhaps clarify that the usage type of "Purchase" (whatever that may be) has a charge of £0.00 attached to it. I assume that is something routine, and I see this historically too and it is uncorrelated to a PAYG1 charge for that day, so it seems unrelated.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @devsecops thanks for reaching out to us here about what's happening with the charges. I can understand why you're finding it frustrating with having to contact us several times. So that we can access your account and find out what's happening, please send us a message on Social Media. You don't need a code to do this.