Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issue with Porting Number from Three to Vodafone

baabaa
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I made a request on Tuesday to port my number (via PAC) from three to Vodafone on Tuesday.  The port took place yesterday and I received an email and text to confirm that the port was successful.

However, the three SIM card is still active and receiving some (but not all) SMS text messages. I suspect three to three messages are being routed to the three SIM card and other networks to the Vodafone SIM.

I've spoken to Vodafone and three today and both don't know what is going on.  Any ideas from the forum?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Could be a Split Port.

You've done the right thing by speaking to Vodafone as they have taken control of your number @baabaa 

Let them do what they do to get this resolved. I know that's easy for me to say.

They will have passed this to their porting in teams.

If you get stuck the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries will be able to help you further. 

Use Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

Could be a Split Port.

You've done the right thing by speaking to Vodafone as they have taken control of your number @baabaa 

Let them do what they do to get this resolved. I know that's easy for me to say.

They will have passed this to their porting in teams.

If you get stuck the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries will be able to help you further. 

Use Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Thanks @BandOfBrothers - Looks like a split port as I've had one before.  I've sent the social team a DM.  Thanks for your pointer on this.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @baabaa 

All the best with this.

:Smiling:

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

I think I'm going to need "All the best" on this.  Just spoken to 191 and the porting team who are adamant that the Port has been successful, but still getting some SMS messages to old three SIM card and old SIM card is still active.

Spoken to three and they confirm that the Port has not completed and that I need to speak to Vodafone.  So, I'm now in this horrible position of having one number on both SIM cards!

BandOfBrothers

Two mobile numbers that are the same and both active on two networks shouldn't be possible.

Please re contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams on Twitter and tell them what 3 have advised @baabaa 

Current Phone  >

I have two SIMs both active on different networks with the same number (at least for outbound).  Incoming gets routed differently depending on the outgoing network.  This is a strange one that nobody seems to understand.  I've dropped another DM via Twitter and have just spoken to 191 and three support again.  It needs to be routed to higher level tech but not sure how to get their attention.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Vodafone are the ones who should be dealing with this. As you already know, the port wasn't completed successfully and so your account with Three hasn't been terminated as a result. Vodafone need to arrange for the split port to be resolved at which point your Three account will be terminated and you will receive a final bill from them. The bad news is that Vodafone support is poor and you're likely going to have a hard time getting them to act!

I would just tell them that some inbound texts and calls are going to your old three sim card and that you think it's a result of a split port. Keep it short and simple and hopefully you will get someone who knows what they are doing and raise it with the relevant department.

Good luck.

To close this off.  Got there in the end - I had to persist with asking to be put through to the Porting team.  The account closure request was not sent to my old provider - they contacted them via email and all has been resolved today.

BandOfBrothers

Fantastic news @baabaa 

At least you can now get on with using Vodafone's services as it was meant to be.

Take care.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >