Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Make a Chargable Call

Raddy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My Caravan is on a Storage Facility and there are some 200+ Vans within.

The Management are being 'Mean' and have 'Locked out' all Gate Fobs saying 'Covid19' and nobody will be allowed entry to the Facility until 'Lockdown is over' - £14 a week for my space and not allowed to even Check.  Anyway; my PAYG SIM is in control of my GSM Alarm.  This Voda SIM will expire on 3rd May without making a 'Chargable' call.  I cann not get near my Caravan to step on the Pressure Mat to create a Chargable Call - so after 3rd May I will no longer have a GSM Alarm to make me aware of a problem.  Topping up more Money will not keep the SIM alive.

Just wondering if community has any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Raddy 

To keep a PAYG PAYG SIM active you need to make a chargeable connection or  top up within  a 280 day period, if you add a small amount of credit this will keep the SIM active.

It used to be the case where  a chargeable connection was necessary to keep a PAYG SIM active  but this  changed to include topping  up. 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @Raddy 

To keep a PAYG PAYG SIM active you need to make a chargeable connection or  top up within  a 280 day period, if you add a small amount of credit this will keep the SIM active.

It used to be the case where  a chargeable connection was necessary to keep a PAYG SIM active  but this  changed to include topping  up. 

Ann - Awesome - knew  'Ask the Audience'  was the answer - thanks for your Help, I had no idea the Rules had changed.

I went yesterday to try and 'Pole-Vault' the Moat at the Storage and ended up going for a  'Bog-Snorkel', must say never tried Snorkeling before without a Snorkel.  Let's see if I get Wiel's Disease now eh!  Wife ses you're 60 not 6 - Will Buy Top-Up ASAP from Post-Office.

Thanks for Helping me.