Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New SIM same number

Lowton_123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Mother in Law has a very old LG GT400 PAYG phone which has a larger Vodafone SIM and her Vodafone number. She has not used the phone for a long time so we think that the number has been ended by Vodafone as inactive. Unfortunately, this mobile number is registered as verification for an email account that she needs access to - and the password reset code is being sent to this number. The phone seems to require registration and top-up to work but we keep running into problems there too - hence I assume the number is dead. Ringing the phone informs an incorrect number.

So, what is the easiest way that I get a modern micro SIM (with the same number) that we can top-up and put into a new PAYG phone?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lowton_123 

You can only ask Vodafone if it is possible to let you have a SIM with the same number, but you are going to have some problems.

If the SIM has not been topped up or used for a total of 270 days, the number would have been disconnected from the network for non use, sent for 'quarantine' to clear the number of any previous users information and put in the recycling pot ready for reissue, this means it can be anywhere in the system.

I would suggest you follow this link for direct help and support from the Team on the forum, they will give the best chance and let you know if it is at all possible. Contact Us 

Thank you, that's very helpful 🙂