Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New sim (without paying for plan)

daz75simbrigh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I need a new sim (with a new phone number) simply to get a specific app to work on my phone. Thankfully, my phone has a place for a second sim but my question is; will I have to subscribe to a payment plan for this?

Ideally, I want to put the sim in my phone (not pay anything) and activate my app on the new number, that’s it. The app will send a security code to my phone so will I need to pay for credits to receive that code on the new number?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You can send off for a free sim payg and pop it into your phone and it'll activate @daz75simbrigh 

Vodafone Free Sim. 

I've had numerous payg sim cards this way without having to top up.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

When you order a SIM here Free PAYG SIM @daz75simbrigh the network does expect to make some money from providing you a connection to the network.  It does mention on this link : Activate SIM you will need to choose your bundle to activate the SIM, if you don't want a bundle it is recommended to opt out before adding the credit here: opt out PAYG bundle or Vodafone will automatically add the bundle from your credit.

If you only want the SIM to activate an application, try borrowing a SIM from a friend, they will send a verification code to activate the aplication but it's more than likely a one off.  Once activated, you should be able to use a WiFi connection to access the application.