Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No mobile data

MrAlex94
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I'm on a big bundle PAYG SIM, and am unable to get mobile data to work at all. I've followed the guide and made sure that pp.vodafone.co.uk and wap/wap is being used where appropriate. I've even called customer support and they gave me variations for the APN settings, none of which worked. Apart from reciting various APN settings, customer support is useless as they're just reading from a script and can't actual do a technical investigation.

I've also tried sending WEB to 40127. I receive a link to the profile, install it, but when I go to check that the profile is installed at Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, there is no profile installed.

The only thing that loads when on mobile data is vodafone.co.uk, but it loads very slowly. Not sure if that helps at all with debugging what is going on?

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @MrAlex94 

Does this issue happen everywhere or in one particular place ?

Do you see a 3G etc icon in your phones status bar may I ask ? I assume mobile data is definitely turned On.

Try choosing another network in your phones connection settings and re choose Vodafone to refresh the connection.

What-should-I-do-if-I-have-no-data-connection. 

How-to-manually-enter-vodafone-apn-settings. 

Also as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to help rule out your current phone or sim card at issue.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

> Does this issue happen everywhere or in one particular place ?

Happens everywhere

> Do you see a 3G etc icon in your phones status bar may I ask ? I assume mobile data is definitely turned On.

Definitely 4G and yes it is. Roaming as well.

> Try choosing another network in your phones connection settings and re choose Vodafone to refresh the connection.

Didn't do anything unfortunately.

> Also as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to help rule out your current phone or sim card at issue.

Tried in an Android 9 device and it doesn't work either (APN settings seem to be correct as it defaulted to PAYG APN settings).

Seems to be an account issue then? Especially since vodafone.co.uk loads, which means the SIM is okay. Loading any other website eventually times out.

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for your answers.

I would definitely recommend to re check your apn settings however.

Make sure there are no bars on your myvodafone.

Make sure there are no levels / limits set within the phone.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams can double check your account via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

> I would definitely recommend to re check your apn settings however.

I have, more times than I can count. And I've tried each time with every variation that Vodafone CS gave me.

Just for clarity as to what I was told to try:

wap.vodafone.co.uk/wap/wap
pp.vodafone.co.uk/wap/wap
pp.vodafone.co.uk/web/web
pp.internet/web/web
pp.internet.co.uk/web/web
ppbundle.internet/web/web

> Make sure there are no bars on your myvodafone.

> Make sure there are no levels / limits set within the phone.

Checked multiple times.

> The Vodafone Social Media Teams can double check your account via 

Would be great if CS could do that too.

Honestly I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. It should not be this difficult...

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems connecting with our network @MrAlex94. As @BandOfBrothers advised, pop us a private message through Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to take a look for you. I'm sure we'll get you reconnected in no time.

This happens every time my iPhone updates. And, after 2.5 hours talking to Vodafone, the answer is not listen to them!

Do NOT to use pp.vodafone.co.uk for your APN settings.

Use wap.vodafone.co.uk 

And the same other settings/usernames/passwords etc listed in this post

These were my original settings, and as a last resort, I decided to try them.

Hurrah - finally!

AnnS

The best place to find the correct APN settings is from device guides here: Device Guides Also further support here: How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging (MMS) 

If you re on PAYG you will need to use the pp settings, wap.vodafone.co.uk is only for pay monthly.

If you are using an iphone,  synchronising to Finder will download the correct carrier settings.

Why. On earth. Did Vodafone not ask me that question?  

Do you pay monthly? 
In that case, use wap.vodafone.co.uk as your APN setting. 

I was told to reset my phone numerous times, in various ways, I took out the sim, reinserted, reset etc. I was eventually told it was a bug in the update and to go to a shop and get a new sim! 

Seriously people. Get this sorted! , 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I can understand how frustrating this must be @Cengie I'm sorry you weren't advised this before. If you would like this fed back please get in touch with on social media so we can make sure the correct training is put in place.