Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG Enquiry

irfanzaid
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi! I'm new to the forum and wondering of switching to Vodafone, I am a very light user and I know Vodafone PAYG SIMs get disconnected after 180 days of no use so let's say I occasionally use Vodafone 1 (the £1 package thing on PAYG) and call someone does that count as a chargeable activity meaning I won't be disconnected? And I heard people talking about 270 days how does that work?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @irfanzaid Just make sure there is a chargeable connection or you make a Top Up, I like to recommend making a chargeable activity in the way of a quick call or text message every 90 days.

The good thing is Vodafone will send a text reminder to the phone at 90 days and follow this up with two further messages.

If you refer to this link: PAYG How do I keep my PAYG SIM active? this will give the information you need.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS

Yes @irfanzaid Just make sure there is a chargeable connection or you make a Top Up, I like to recommend making a chargeable activity in the way of a quick call or text message every 90 days.

The good thing is Vodafone will send a text reminder to the phone at 90 days and follow this up with two further messages.

If you refer to this link: PAYG How do I keep my PAYG SIM active? this will give the information you need.

Thank you so much, if I were to just occasionally use Vodafone 1 and call would that still count?

AnnS

@irfanzaid wrote:

Thank you so much, if I were to just occasionally use Vodafone 1 and call would that still count?

Yes @irfanzaid this will be a chargeable connection where Vodafone would charge £1.00.  All the information on charges is on the link.

Well thank you then, I'll be switching to Vodafone now! Just orded my free sim then will port my number 

AnnS

Hi @irfanzaid 

If you have ordered a PAYG SIM, before topping up you need to opt out of Big Value bundle, otherwise once topped up Vodafone will immediately convert your credit to a BVB.  As a new customer this would be something you may not be aware off when you want to keep your credit for PAYG 1. 

You can opt out of BVB here: How do I remove my Big Value Bundle? Once you have set up the online account and downloaded the application it's easy to do, also the account and application will make it easier for you to manage the account.  Follow this link: Welcome to Vodafone 

Big thank you for that I will read then switch!

BandOfBrothers

You might want to consider Vodafone Voxi too @irfanzaid 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Don't use much but I might thank you