cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG Roaming - How to add and how to pay.

Stilo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a basic PAYG phone (calls and texts only). I understand that I now have to pay extra to make calls and send texts while in Greece. 

I've seen this link: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/paygroam which says:

8 day Europe Minutes Extra – £4 for 100 minutes to the UK and EU.     (£4 x 2 = £8)

8 day Europe Texts Extra   –   £3 for 200 texts to the UK and EU.           (£3 x 2 = £6)

I will be going for 14 days so assume I will need 2 of each of the above.

Do I add one of each on day 1 then again on day 9? or can I add all 4 at the same time?  If the latter, how?

Also, how do I pay the £7 or £14? There's no mention in the link about how to pay.

Somewhat annoying really, because I will probably make no more than 4 calls and/or 4 text during the 14 days.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @Stilo you can add the roaming extras by logging into your phone Application or by following the code to 2345 on this link: Charge Checker Roaming 

The extra will start the day it is added and it is best not to add the extra until you are just about to leave the UK.  Make sure you have the extra credit available on your account for Vodafone to take payment.

The good news is if you are only wanting to receive calls and texts you won't need an extra, and it would be free to get all your friends and family to call and it wouldn't cost you a penny.

AnnS, Thanks for taking the time to reply.

My Nokia 1800 doesn't do applications 😐

However the link you sent is different to the one I posted previously.  It shows that I can purchase the extras by texting EUMINS and EUSMS to 2345 so I assume that if I have at least £14 credit on the phone, all will be good.

Re. your third paragraph, unfortunately,  I need to make a call soon after landing to get the car hire company I regularly use to bring a car to the airport, and another call when I leave to get them to collect it.  I also want to be able to make a call or text at any time while I'm there if needed.

Sorry... I forgot this.

Do I add one of each extra on day 1 then again on day 9? or can I add all 4 at the same time?  If the latter, how?

AnnS

Assuming you are adding a call and separate text pack @Stilo add the first call and texts packs on day 1, when they expire on day nine, add the second packs by calling 2345.  If you have any problems you can call Vodafone from abroad on +44 7836 191 191 (free from a Vodafone mobile) and someone will be able to help.

Make sure the credit is available for Vodafone to take the payment.

Have a nice holiday.