Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG deactivation

TVDH
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My payg sim/number seems to have been deactivated.

Last used Jan 2022 & no warning text from Vodafone !

how can I get the number deactivated &/or unused credit refunded please ??

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @TVDH 

A Payg account can be deactivated if no activity such as calls , texts , data usage or top up hasn't been made within a 180 day period.

The timeframe breaks down like this …
If a person does not make an activity as described above in 90 consecutive days then Vodafone make contact via sms to advise. Then if after 45 days no usage is made they send a final notification and then give another 45 days to make some activity.

Then the Payg account could be suspended and the number and account credit lost.
The mobile number is typically quarantined for a length of time and then put back into the number pool to be redistributed to another person.
If a Payg account is suspended then a person has 90 days to ask Vodafone to re activate the Payg account via 0333 304191,  191 from a Vodafone phone or Live Chat or Social Media via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM. 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Edit > Take a look at the Terms and Conditions of Refunds in this link which explains what Vodafone will do in regards to this.

Terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/pay-as-you-go/price-plans/payg-airtime-conditions-plan/ 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

If the SIM connected to the network for an outgoing service January 2022 @TVDH it won't have been disconnected from the network for non use.  You would definitely have received an SMS notification around the end of March and wouldn't have yet received the follow up 45 days later.

I am wondering if there is a fault with the SIM or even the phone. What happens when you place the SIM in an alternative phone or try a different SIM in your phone?  If you don't have a spare phone, take the SIM and phone into a Vodafone Store, they will be able to test the SIM, if it is faulty, you will be in a good position to get a replacement SIM with the number and credit.