Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please close my 'My Vodafone' online account

KeithMWindsor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I wish for my 'My Vodafone' website page to be closed and deleted. I asked for this via chat, but I am still able to log into the account.

I want it to be removed completely. Can anyone please tell me how to do this?

(I am keeping my phone number, I only use PAYG, but I do not want the online account any more, I do not need it for topping up).

9 REPLIES 9

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @KeithMWindsor, if you're going to be using the My Vodafone app to manage your account and take advantage of our awesome Very Me rewards, you'll need to keep your online account active, as they're connected and you can't use the app without an online account. If you're not going to be managing your account this way, we'll be more than happy to help cancel it for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, pop us a private message through one of our social channels

Just to let you know, when you message us privately our digital assistant will try to help. You can speak to us directly by selecting 'Get started' followed by 'asked to DM'.

Unfortunately, I only use Twitter, and that is not giving me suitable options (unless I'm not seeing the right one?). Perhaps you can advise.

Thanks for helping.

OK, I've managed to send a message and waiting for an agent. Fingers crossed, thank you.

You're welcome @KeithMWindsor. We work all posts sent into us via social media in the order they're received. One of our team will pick your message us as soon as we can.

Well unfortunately, that has not worked.

I chatted to an operator who assured me the arrears message was completely wrong (which of course I know), and the account was now closed.

But this morning I can still log in. And the arrears message is still there.

My wife and I have NEVER used anything other than PAYG sim cards.

This does nothing to instil faith in Vodafone.

Today I chatted for not far short of 2 hours, and it still has not been resolved. No one seems to be able to close the accounts. I keep getting assured that the arrears message is wrong, and that I owe nothing, but the point is, it is WRONG  and ILLEGAL to place a message demanding payment of money, that is not actually owed.

Further to that, my message currently says I owe £18.92, but who's to say that will not rise in the future? What about other poor users on these very forums who have been told they owe more than £400?

How is it possible that Vodafone are not prioritising fixing this issue?

And, what makes this even worse, is that it is actually possible to click on the 'pay now' button and pay the false bill!

This is disgraceful.

Both my wife and I have the exact same message, in the amount of £18.92, and she did add me as a user on her account, so I suspect the error is emanating somehow from there. but the bottom line is, we both want our accounts removed completely, as we do not need them for topping up a PAYG card.

I must now workout how to escalate this, or if necessary consult a solicitor. All of this is costing me time and money, but I will not let this go until this is resolved.

Let this post serve as a warning to anyone who thinks it might be convenient to have a 'My Vodaphone' dashboard on their pc. If you don't need it, stay well away from it.

(EDIT - I should add, I did eventually get a message back on Twitter, but after responding to their questions, that  has remained silent since around 4pm yesterday).

Hi @KeithMWindsor It's disappointing to hear that you haven't yet had this issue resolved. I know it will be causing you a lot of frustration and upset. 

I can see that your messages are being picked up by our Social Media team now so we will be able to get this looked into and escalated if needed. As the Social Media team work on a queue based system there may be some delays in getting a response but they will get back to you as soon as they can! 

Along the way it seems to have got even worse. While on the long chat earlier, the operator said I had already been deregistered so he created another account to 'sort the problem out'. He said he would then close it and it would all be resolved. I have no idea what was going on, but answered all his questions.

But we got cut off after one hour and 45mins.

And lo and behold, I now seem to have two accounts, both of which I can log into and both of them are giving an arrears message (two different amounts) !

I cannot believe this. It's an absolute shambles.

So you'll forgive me if I reserve my gratitude until it actually gets fixed (if ever).

Update:

After another gruelling chat session, an operator seems to have disabled my online account but I was left worrying about the arrears message.

But Stephanie has now messaged me assuring me the false bill has been wiped and my online account also has gone, so thank you, thank you Steph, I really appreciate it.

My wife still has exactly the same issue, so she will be in touch through Facebook, as she also wants this fixed and her account removed. We just want to continue using our PAYG number and have no need for the online account. 

It's very disappointing that it was so hard to get this done despite lengthy (90min and 70 min) chat sessions, but connecting to the right person (Stephanie) got it done much more quickly. 

I believe Vodafone should have posted a message on everyone's dashboard informing PAYG customers that the issue is being investigated. It would have saved a lot of anxiety for some customers.

Thank you for updating us @KeithMWindsor I'm really glad to hear that Stephanie was able to get this resolved for you! I'll be sure to pass on your thanks to her 😊 

Please do get your wife to pop the team a message on Facebook so we can get the same resolution for her!

I genuinely am very sorry for all of the stress and upset caused by this and I have passed the feedback along to the relevant teams so we can ensure proper communication is given to our customers in the future 🙂