Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Port from 3 to Vodafone failure

Davidbc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, Does anybody know how long it takes to get a number from 3 to Vodafone?. Did the pac thing and got confirmation from Vodafone that is had worked. Service on three is finished- service on Vodafone allows outbound calls, but cannot get calls or texts to my original number. This has been going on for over a week and really concerned how long it will take. Vodafone customer service is convinced everything is okay on there side. Phone has been switched on and off multiple times. Very grateful if anyone can shed any light on this. I am thinking of leaving Vodafone, and just wondering do they even have my number to give me a pac code for it. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Davidbc

It sounds like the Porting Team have already escalated this, they would have needed to raise a split port request on your behalf with 3 for investigation.

With the Porting Team being office hours and numbers not porting over a weekend or bank holiday if you contact Vodafone next week they should be able to give you an update. 

However the team will read the thread and help. 

BandOfBrothers

That's not good especially as a new customer who's chosen Vodafone as their new network @Davidbc 

3 will have relinquished responsibility for.your number and as such this is now in Vodafone UK court to resolve.

I fully understand and appreciate you've tried the customer support avenues.

I would now suggest the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Vodafone Facebook or Vodafone Twitter

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I was actually wondering if I was the only case to have this issue.

It seems to be full blown with Vodafone and Porting from Three.

Same thing here and of course Vodafone says its Three, Three says its Vodafone.

I believe personally that both of them are to blame and I sent a complaint to Ofcom Monitoring. I would encourage anyone seeing this Thread to do the same, so that these bad / mal practices are investigated into.

Thanks

LalG
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have the same issue. THREE disconnected me once PAC was given to Vodafone. At the same time Vodafone disconnected me from their temporary number (i.e. no service). Was emailed porting will be 11 AM - 5 PM. Now it is  4 days later and I have no service at all. (including Sat & Sun). Chat line is pretty useless takes hours and promises given and not a single one honoured. I called the 0333.. number and same promise but nothing so far. First week cooling period will be over during which no service from Vodafone. Only option is to terminate the contract but dont know what happens to the number that I have had for 30+ yrs!. Maybe it is case for Ofcom to look into? Also not sure if 0333.. number is free (no mobile number so 191 of no use). HELP!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LalG - I’m sorry to hear the experience you’re having with getting your number ported over to us. It will need to be active with your current network, so that we can complete the port.
If you’d like us to check what’s happening from our side, then please contact my team through Social Media.